Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Aquasport 246 on E Bay...Purchased by a new member  (Read 2216 times)

July 17, 2012, 11:04:18 AM
Reply #30

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: Aquasport 246 on E Bay...Purchased by a new member
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
Hey Ryan,
Would you be so kind to snap a close up of the CG capacity plate just left of the wheel and post it here.

viewtopic.php?p=77718#p77718

Thanks. :thumleft:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

July 18, 2012, 01:13:31 AM
Reply #31

mattcase03

• Information Offline
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »
Quote from: "Georgie"
Hey guys,

Thanks for the interest.  I saw the other moved posts in the "introduce yourself" thread, but for ongoing conversation while I get the boat delivered this weekend and inspect it myself next weekend, I wonder if it wouldnt' be better to prioritize this thread?  I'll leave it up to the mods to decide.  FYI - I just finished uploading the ebay advertisement photos to my member gallery if anyone wants to refresh their memory.  Here's the overall pic below.  I'm encouraged about the condition of the stringers/deck/foam for a couple of reasons.  The scupper and accent striping are still above waterline even though the transom is saddled with twins, and all the topside fittings are original which means very few holes have been drilled in the deck. I'd think soaked foam would have her sitting a bit lower in the water, but those of you who've verified waterlogged boats would know better.

Btw - Seller is charging $450 (includes mileage and tolls) to deliver from NYC to my family's property in the central Connecticut shoreline tomorrow.  Sound reasonable?

July 18, 2012, 02:52:59 PM
Reply #32

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »
Matt, was there a comment or question?
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

July 18, 2012, 05:30:20 PM
Reply #33

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 05:30:20 PM »
Quote from: "RickK"
Matt, was there a comment or question?

I think it was an oops, so I left it to see if he would edit. :idea:
I'll pull it tomorrow if there is no change.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

July 20, 2012, 09:15:38 AM
Reply #34

Georgie

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »
Finally got to see her first hand yesterday! :D   She's got her quirks, but daaaayumm is she in great shape for 33 years old.  All teak is salvageable, gelcoat is in good restorable shape with a minimum of scrapes chips and abrasions.  Most hardware is clean without excessive pitting, corrosion, or other rot.  Props and flywheels spin freely (compression check to be done as soon as I can rig up a working battery), shifters and cable linkages work, and the console steering even still works, though the bridge steering does not.  Transom is in amazing shape and has only a 2-3 inch crack where it meets the cap on the port side.  All but one of the original teak hatch doors is intact, and one that's not can be reassembled easily once it dries.  The main deck is ROCK solid and even the fuel tank cover is still strong!

The tower has some splits in the tubing from ice damage and a cracked weld all the way around the foot of the stbd rear corner of the tower.  Anyone know if the cracked weld will be difficult/expensive to repair?  The rest of the cracks are not too structural and really don't worry me much, although I'll be happy to get them fixed too if there's a cost-effective way.  The ugliest part of the entire boat is the painted wood in the tower platform and the electronics box.

Here's the best part: unbeknownst to me, the boat has its original 3/4 eisenglass enclosure which is in salvageable condition!!  Will need to thoroughly clean and treat the fabric and glass, and probably also will have a professional reinforce some of the existing seams/stiches, but the panels actually appear to not be dry rotted, glass is still clear, and all the snaps are still present!  The outriggers, safety kit, and anchor were also all down below in the cabin but weren't listed in the ebay ad. :cheers:

Hey Ryan,
Would you be so kind to snap a close up of the CG capacity plate just left of the wheel and post it here.
Bob I got your photo and will post it in your thread when I have a minute.  The plate actually identifies the boat as a FF model  :lol:
Ryan

1979 246 CCC

1987 Wellcraft 18 Fisherman

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal