Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Dreaming in Color  (Read 1889 times)

March 01, 2011, 11:35:50 PM
Reply #15

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: Dreaming in Color
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »
Quote from: "gran398"
Naw feelin'.... tough tellin' you this... you're one of us now.  :roll:

:wink:

All black is bad to the bone. The pink stripe shows your a manly man. Seabob can give a witness...as a younger man, he wore a pink shirt the first day on the job. A NEW job.

Kahunas.

Goddam right!  Lands End Pink Oxford, Regiment stripe silk tie...

Yeah, I can teach those NC preppies a thing or two about dressing.  Bass Weejuns as well... :thumright:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

March 01, 2011, 11:44:19 PM
Reply #16

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
Hey, we're pretty in pink  :wink:

:thumright:

March 02, 2011, 09:10:09 AM
Reply #17

LilRichard

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 09:10:09 AM »
I didn't read all of the responses, but remember this: dark colors show ALL imperfections.  I would suggest a lighter color if you don't want to see any existing problems, let alone scratches, etc.  

I used to be a big FLY guy, but everyone has that color now - when you see a Trophy painted that color you know it's played out.  I would go light green, light blue, or light beige.

March 02, 2011, 11:32:35 AM
Reply #18

klthomas

• Information Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »
Seafoam Green!  At least that is what I painted my 19-6 and i think it is beautiful.

March 02, 2011, 02:58:30 PM
Reply #19

MarshMarlowe196

• Information Offline
    • http://www.keywestboatsforum.com
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
Quote from: "RickK"
I like the maroon one  :thumright:

Oh wait, there isn't one that color.  :(

Here ya go Rick.  I like this color -

Quote from: "fitz73222"
You took a big chance asking your girlfriend... If I was asking mine, any color would be fine as long as it was purple!

She didn't seem to like this one  :scratch:

Quote from: "fitz73222"
If your leaning towards green that rebuilt 67' 22-2 with the new Suzie and half tower thats been for sale for a couple of years looks very nice. He recently posted it again last week.

If only I was so lucky...  :(

And since Pink seemed to be so popular, here's a pink one

Quote from: "GoneFission"
Don't go banana yellow if you wan the boat to continue to float...  

Quote from: "LilRichard"
I used to be a big FLY guy, but everyone has that color now - when you see a Trophy painted that color you know it's played out.  I would go light green, light blue, or light beige.

Quote from: "seabob4"
GGGRRR!!! Fighting Lady Yellow!  Hated it the first I laid eyes on it, 250 Osprey...but that's my opinion, not your's...

Well there seems to be a lot of feelings (some of them passionate)  against the Fighting Lady Yellow...

Quote from: "pete"
very cool pics! Not that it matters I like all the light colors any of them would be great,but be smart,let your gf pic the color,good luck :salut:

Yeah.. problem is, she likes the yellow.  A lot.  But she also likes the light blue.  That might be the winner.

Quote from: "Capt. Bob"

Hell,
I'll put in my two (2) cents.

First, if you're going to leave the bottom paint, I kinda like what Fearless Leader did with his 230 and repaint ($) an a almost white color.

Second,
That stated, I think it opens your palette selection greatly with the somewhat darker colors. Sea Green seems very popular these days but I'm a blue/grey type guy (that's why I own an off white boat :( ).

The darker bottom paint does look better with the lighter mid and top side. If I stayed with the bottom, I'd go with pale blue, grey or yellow. Just to be different than the green.

Just my opinion. :idea:

See,
two votes for pale blue  :thumright:

Agreed.  I think the black bottom paint might be throwing this off.  I'm going to have to pay my GF if I ask for more changes though...

Quote from: "gran398"

All black is bad to the bone.

Agreed.  My SeaCraft was all black when it came home.  That thing was intimidating.

I can see the point of darker colors showing more imperfections, but I feel like the darker colors make the boat look almost bigger.  Decisions... Decisions...

Quote from: "klthomas"
Seafoam Green!  At least that is what I painted my 19-6 and i think it is beautiful.

Do you have any pictures????? I'd love to see it.
Key West 1720 / Yam C90

Sold: 1973 Aquasport 19-6

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal