Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics / Re: 1973 196 rebuild question
« Last post by Duffy1470 on Today at 01:44:43 PM »
Thank you Rickk. I get it now. I can be a little dense. 
« Last post by RickK on Today at 08:47:36 AM »
Roger that on the 16-17 foot mold.  I think the answer must be really obvious and you are not wanting to insult my intelligence or lack thereof, but why rebuild stringers from the Inside. Are inside out rebuilds stronger or something. The answer could be my proposal, if executed, will look stupid which is legit.  Just curious. If I need to stop asking, I can do that too.  Thank you for all the info, truly a great resource.
To me, rebuilding them from the inside out is too labor intensive and if the stringers have breaks in them, even worse. Mine had tears and previous rework (by me) so I decided to tear everything out, re-enforce and build new. My boat is like a tank now.

As for the MEK mix, try dividing the resin into small/smaller batches and adjust the MEK by the same divide. You don't want to learn with a quart. If its cooler reduce the MEK by a few drops and see how quick it kicks off. Also, keep the lid tight on the poly, it starts hardening the day it is made. You want to buy in small quantities so it's always kinda fresh.
 :welcome01: aboard Mfarmer1020   :a0003:
New to the page and the aquasport family! Wife and myself love a good project and finally found a classic worth the time! Picked up a 73' 19-6 yesterday morning and stripped it down pretty far this evening after work! Console/leaning post livewall laying in the yard and tank pulled. Ttop coming off next and cutting floor out. Will be scouring the site for some tips and tricks as we tackle a full resto and flatback conversion for the boat of our dreams
« Last post by Duffy1470 on May 20, 2024, 04:00:46 PM »
Also, picked up two sheets 3/4 in Coosa, 5 gal of poly resin, mek, bubble buster roller, roll of Matt, and got a roll of something heavier than 1708.  The heavier stuff was a "good deal". We'll see. At any rate, going to patch holes in outer skin of transom first.  Question, I know it's 11ccs of me for a quart of poly resin at 70 degrees Fahrenheit, less if hotter.  How much less, say at 75, 80, 85 degrees. It's getting hot here 8n tn. Thanks.
Electrical / Suzuki 200hp Dual Helm Station
« Last post by Capt.Joe on May 20, 2024, 03:33:24 PM »
Hello!
I’m in the process of installing my second helm station but I’m not sure how the main wiring harness connects to the dual station harness and engine. Does anyone have any insight on how it’s wired?

« Last post by Duffy1470 on May 20, 2024, 03:22:54 PM »
Roger that on the 16-17 foot mold.  I think the answer must be really obvious and you are not wanting to insult my intelligence or lack thereof, but why rebuild stringers from the Inside. Are inside out rebuilds stronger or something. The answer could be my proposal, if executed, will look stupid which is legit.  Just curious. If I need to stop asking, I can do that too.  Thank you for all the info, truly a great resource.
Aquasport Discussion / Re: lower unit - non-conductive paint?
« Last post by RickK on May 20, 2024, 03:08:09 PM »
I think the bracket is for trailering. They don't want the hydraulic taking the beating of a bad road.
« Last post by RickK on May 20, 2024, 12:19:12 PM »
Yeah we've seen iron bars glassed in for ballast and to correct lean, in one boat, so nothing really surprises us.
If you can build the molds that you see in the pics I posted, you can make the stringers. I joined multiple sections of the stringers together to make the length I needed - that was challenging. If I did it again I would make a 16-17ft mold.
Welcome aboard Waydeadam  :salut:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal