Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics / Re: 1973 196 rebuild question
« Last post by Duffy1470 on Today at 06:17:23 PM »
Anyone else having gallery problems? I am getting a blank blue screen.
« Last post by Duffy1470 on Today at 02:15:59 PM »
Something wrong with my machine or the gallery. Will post pics later
« Last post by Duffy1470 on Today at 02:11:40 PM »
Good info dbiscayne.  Thank you. Here are a few more pics of hole patching and bow eye prep.
« Last post by dbiscayne on Today at 09:27:33 AM »
Theres some science to the stringer design and how it works with the adjacent hull 'flat' areas. They need to work together and have similar stiffness properties. A stringer thats overly stiff next to a hull panel that flexes a lot, ie small boat, can cause problems. I've seen two separate cases of a hull tear along a stringer because of exaggerated differences in stiffness of the two. I'm no expert at this, but from what I've read and seen its good practice to not have a wood stringer laying directly on the hull, instead they should be separated with small spacers, +/- 1/8" then a proper fiberglass fillet connecting them. With all that said, as long as you don't beat the crap out of the hull it might be OK without that gap.
Seacraft also used the fiberglass box stringer and they've got a great reputation.
« Last post by Duffy1470 on Today at 08:21:01 AM »
Looking forward to your response as I am struggling with same question.
Aquasport Discussion / Datacenter problems for the past couple days
« Last post by RickK on May 28, 2024, 07:44:01 PM »
Hi All,
Sunday the site went down and I was told the datacenter in Dallas was hit with some severe weather and lightning. Anyway, it torched a few servers which had to be replaced, all the hard drives were also torched which also had to be replaced and rebuilt software wise. A backup which was only a few hours old was restored, so we didn't lose any data but there is an issue with the photo gallery. We will work this out over the next few days. The gallery software is old and the company dropped support for it several years ago. When we upgraded from PhpBB to SMF forum software we searched far and wide for a way to export /import the gallery into something much newer without success.  The photos are stored in the gallery but the links and how the gallery software works with a forum is what we can't export, it's some kind of homegrown DB.
Anyway, hang in there with us, keep your photos handy and we'll be back to normal soon.
Hi Rick, Thankfully Suzuki marine came through with specs. She's down at the boatyard for her refit now!
Classified / Re: FS sale 1976 24 inboard aquasport
« Last post by Mitch134 on May 25, 2024, 10:33:17 PM »
Still for sale?
« Last post by RickK on May 25, 2024, 05:29:57 AM »
Aquasport was the first to have fiberglass stringers. They made them trapezoidal in shape for strength and filled them with foam to help support the structure of them. That being said, all other manufacturers at the time didn't have any choice but to make them out of wood, and they lasted a long time. a friend was buying a grady white cabin boat and he asked me to check it out. I opened the bilge and there was wooden stringers - I stuck a screwdriver into the wood and it was very soft. I told to get his deposit back.
So, you have a decision to make. If you decide to rip the wood out, it's not hard to make your own trapezoidal stringers from homemade molds.
Classified / Re: 1971 222 flatback for sale
« Last post by Hbrod2336 on May 24, 2024, 10:32:49 AM »
Curious if you still have this boat for sale. If so are you able to provide any photos? Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal