Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: New to the site.  (Read 535 times)

March 14, 2011, 01:35:59 PM
Read 535 times

CaptGuy

• Information Offline
    • http://www.MisStressCharters.com
New to the site.
« on: March 14, 2011, 01:35:59 PM »
Hi, I'll try this again. I an the owner of a 1980 hull 246CCC, the MisStress, out of St. Augustine Fl. She has been customized. The boat was stolen from a previous owner and stripped of the console, motors and everything that you could take off and left up in the cypress trees in the St. Johns river with sledge hammer holes in the sides. I have traced the hull back to all the owners except the original. I know it was first purchased in South Florida and migrated up to the Jacksonville area. When I got her she had two pedistal seats, two coolers for seating, a homemade windshield, the wheel was moved to the forward bulkhead that was a storage locker on the starboard side and the binicle was moved to the starboard step to get on the bow. I ran her as a charter boat for two years befor I did any major work to her. I started with a paint job (Materhorn White Awlgrip), had two leaning posts made (I hate pedistal seats) and got a windshield off of a scrapped 19' Rinken ski boat (looks as if it were custom made for her) then topped her off with a custom black half tower. At this point new power was in order and I switched to Yamaha (from Johnson) and I haven't looked back since (She is on her 3rd Yamaha now and it has 3000 hrs on it, a 250 Four Stroke). I've also enclosed the transom and built a casting platform where the motor well used to be.

She's still in the charter fleet and going strong.

I'll include pics when I can figure out how this site accepts them.
Kids are the future, Teach them to fish

March 14, 2011, 02:01:18 PM
Reply #1

flounderpounder225

• Information Offline
Re: New to the site.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
Welcome aboard Cap'n, sounds like quite a history on the old girl.  One of the usual guys will probably post up a link to the thread for posting pics.  It's not real hard, just takes a few steps, you have to put them on a web based picture posting site like photobucket, then paste them to your thread from there.  Can't wait to see the pics.
Marc
Marc
1997 245 Osprey, 250 HPDI.  SOLD

March 14, 2011, 02:22:49 PM
Reply #2

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:22:49 PM »
Capt.
Your original posting (New to the Site) was moved to the "introduce yourself here!" thread. Your greetings by the usual suspects also followed. Below is how to post pics to this site. I would suggest you re-title this thread something like "245 CCC Reborn" or whatever might float your boat so to speak.
viewtopic.php?p=48847#p48847

If you understand Photo Bucket, and have an account, follow the directions below and you can post your photos

Good luck.

Now, once you understand how Photo Bucket works and you still can't post pics, try this.
Read steps carefully. :idea:

1: Go to your Bucket account (you need one to post photos on this forum), open and double click on a photo you have downloaded to the site.

2. Place cursor on the top left of photo, tool bar will appear, place cursor on EDIT then click on RESIZE

3. In a few moments a new window will open (call it the re-size window) with your photo and a tool bar above it.
Note the current photo size in the tool bar.Since this site (Classic Aquasport) limits posted photos to 800 pix wide X 600 pix long you must re-size it in order to post it, if it is larger than that. So.....

4. Photo Bucket has preset sizes you can use. They are in a 4:3 ratio and you will notice them in the toolbar just below the width measurement. Also notice that you can manually enter the pixel size for both width and height. Also note that there are two selections you can make when manually selecting the number of pixels. Unless you're a photo genius :roll: make sure you have the "proportion" button highlighted (little red dot to the left). This keeps your photo in the standard 4:3 ratio mentioned above. Why is this important? Under normal conditions, you hold the camera in the standard position and your photo is taken in the 4:3 ratio. Tilting the camera on end alters the width to height ratio. By leaving the proportion button highlighted, you can enter 600 px in the height box and the width will automatically change for a proper photo size.

5. This is where most members screw up. :o After you set the proper size you must do two (2) additional steps. First, click on the APPLY button on the right side of the tool box. Nothing much will seem to happen. Now scroll down and click on the Replace Original button. It's located underneath and to the right of your photo. If you do not complete this step, you will never place the proper size photo on the Aqua site. This is the thing most members do not do.

6.After clicking on the Replace Original button, the screen will take a few moments to do its thing and a new window will magically appear. Scroll down and look to the right and you will notice several options for "sharing your photo". Click on the last (IMG) one and notice how a little yellow box appears to the left saying "copied".

That's it, you're done.
Go back to your post and place your re-sized photo into the post where you want it by pushing "Ctrl + V" (at the same time) and it will appear as code. By previewing your post before submitting, you can check that you did everything correctly.

Try it. You'll like it. :wink:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

March 14, 2011, 04:35:23 PM
Reply #3

Necessary Evil

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »
Interesting story! Can't wait to see the pics!
1976 22-2
Roll Tide!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal