You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Grilled Green Beans & Dinner on the deck  (Read 770 times)

March 20, 2010, 10:20:17 AM
Read 770 times

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
Grilled Green Beans & Dinner on the deck
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:20:17 AM »
OK the planets aligned:
1.  Received a nice bunch of fresh oysters - thanks Scott!  
2.  A beautiful Friday night (finally)
3.  Sockeye salmon on half-price sale at the store  

So ya gotta cook out, right!   :thumright:   Started out with a few on the half shell - yummy - Scott's da man!  

Sockeye is the richest of the salmon, so they can handle some good spicing.  Decided to do them 2 ways - Cap'n John's Rub and the good 'ol Dijonaisse way.  Then what to go with them?  Slaw?  Yep, obvious choice.  What else?  Decided on grilled green beans.  Since ya got the grill hot, why not cook the beans with the fish?   :wink:  Here's the recipe for grilled green beans - easy and good (just what I like...  :oops:  ):  

I like the french green beans for this, but most any kind will do.  Put the green beans in a plastic bag with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper.  Let them sit a while - at least 30 minutes, but you can make this up in advance and keep it in a cooler or in the frig for a couple hours if you like.  

Spray a grilling plate/platter with Pam or brush with olive oil.  Put the grilling plate on the grill when the fish are 5 minutes or so from being done.  Put the beans on the grilling platter on high heat.  Turn the beans frequently to get them evenly done:

The beans should be slightly browned in about 4-5 minutes, scoop them off the grill onto the plate with the fish and you are good to go:

Don't forget a nice oaky Chardonnay or even a Pinot!   :salut:
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"
ClassicAquasport Member #209

March 20, 2010, 10:44:51 AM
Reply #1

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Grilled Green Beans & Dinner on the deck
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »
WOW!! My word, that looks AWESOME!!

Great job! Great presentation, too!

Bet momma was impressed......I sure as heck can use an education in romance, I'm taking notes!!

(Glad you liked the oysters....knock out the big load over the weekend, don't let the neighbors smell 'em...... :lol: )

March 20, 2010, 11:12:36 PM
Reply #2

John Jones

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »
Looks great Capn.

That works with asparagus too.  I'm to lazy to mess with fresh but drain a can of spears and put 'em in the bag with your oil and spices.  We like them with Emeril's Essence.  BAMM!

Oh yeah, halved cherry tomatoes with a lot of fine basil works too.
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

March 21, 2010, 05:19:37 PM
Reply #3

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »
I've used asparagus before too with good results - have not tried the cherry tomatoes, but I'll give them a try!
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"
ClassicAquasport Member #209

March 21, 2010, 07:33:52 PM
Reply #4

John Jones

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »
:thumright:

Be sure and get the fine Basil.  The first time we tried it the wife just grabbed something that said Basil and it looked like dried grass clippings.  Had the same texture after cooking too.   :roll:

Doesn't take long.  Just till tender.
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal