Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: 175 Osprey Mooring/storage cover  (Read 488 times)

December 03, 2009, 06:03:06 AM
Read 488 times

fishnutz

• Information Offline
175 Osprey Mooring/storage cover
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:03:06 AM »
Morning all, most commom cover that most of you use?
Also need center console cover as well, been googling for an hour and coming up with alot of choices...some 'el cheapo and some super spendy
boat is on davits(sp?) from Dec thru April and really just need to cover console nightly, after that it is on trailer outside. Looks like the Sunbrella fabric is the best, also higher costing. Not afraid to spend the $ if the value is there

Not going to be trailering it w/ cover on

Thanks in advance, Rob

December 03, 2009, 02:16:42 PM
Reply #1

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
Re: 175 Osprey Mooring/storage cover
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »
Hi Rob, where are you located?  I assume you're "up north" since you put her to bed "from Dec thru April".  Do you need to protect the boat from snow?  Do you worry about snow weight on the cover?
I would look in the yellow pages and call a local person to make you what you want - they're familiar with the local weather, any special hazards (snow, sun, bugs, etc) - check references and get it done right - otherwise it's a crapshoot.
My $0.02 (I have a custom cover on both of mine)
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

December 03, 2009, 09:18:47 PM
Reply #2

fishnutz

• Information Offline
Re: 175 Osprey Mooring/storage cover
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »
Hey Rick, I must of worded that wrong, I am definetly up north-Milwaukee WI, 2" of the fresh white shoveling stuff on the ground as we speak and 1/2 more still coming. The boat gets used from Dec-April in FLA, every night it goes up on the crane thingys to get it out of the water, no room for a lift. I thought the crane thingys are called davits?(sp?)  Anyways, I'll probably tow her back up here for the summer so I can really go thru her as when I'm down there its fishing time. Our full winter tenants will be using the boat more than me this year. I'm thinking I'll just pop for a quality console cover for nightly use and get a quality one for using in the off-season.

Thanks for the help
Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal