Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Looking For Fuel Tank Removal Thread ----  (Read 490 times)

November 24, 2008, 10:02:19 AM
Read 490 times

RebelYell

• Information Offline
Looking For Fuel Tank Removal Thread ----
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:02:19 AM »

Hey guys..

Well I finally decided to remove my center console on my 90 Osprey 200 and gain access to my tank hatch. I will be replacing or refurbing my 18 yr-old tank....It doesn't leak ( not that I can tell ) but its full of rust and sludge. I have been runnin' nurse tanks all summer and its time for a Thanksgiving Weekend project.

I hope I don't open up a Pandora's Box or a Little Shop of Horrors; but its time to do this surgery on my boat :lol:

I disconnected my steering and throttle cables along with the entire electrical harness from the center console. Too bad they didn't make a disconnect in the harness; the ignition wires run continuous from the switch all the way to the motor with my 1990 Mariner 150. Anyhow, I have tagged all the wires and have it all organized.

I read on here some while back where some of you guys had developed methods for removing tanks that had been foamed in....I am going to assume the worst for mine and am looking for any helpful information before I dig up my old tank this weekend...

I may refurb the tank with one of those epoxy kits if its salvageable; I have a very tight budget. On the other hand, if I need to replace the tank then I'll let Santa Claus know..

I appreciate any and all feedback; and will post some Aquasport gas-tank crime scene photos when I dig this sucker up.

Happy Turkey Week !

November 24, 2008, 11:39:30 AM
Reply #1

RebelYell

• Information Offline
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »

I found it in the Rebuilds section.

Looks like you guys are using ratchet straps and 4 X 4's laid across the gunnels to get foamed tanks out.

I have a tree limb that might serve the same purpose and keep from messing up the gunnels.

I'll let everybody know how my situation turns out.... :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal