Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Stop Lurking and Start Posting!! Introduce Yourself Here!  (Read 167933 times)

March 27, 2014, 01:41:14 PM
Reply #1425

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: Stop lurking and start posting! Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #1425 on: March 27, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »
She's a beauty Ray!!  That second pic is a perfect view to see how, with the addition of the ISP, AKA Integrated Swim Platform, AKA Euro Transom, the 210 became the 225...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

March 27, 2014, 02:43:41 PM
Reply #1426

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1426 on: March 27, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
Nice boat but then I'm bias. :mrgreen:

I bet it had a USCG placard at one time. In those days they had switched from the traditional metal plate to a vinyl decal. That decal,while lightly embossed, faded faster than U of M football in the forth quarter but I digress.

Post some more pics in the Explorer Registry when you get some time and start a new thread in the Rebuilds forum when you get ready to begin your tank replacement (or any other work you may want to show/have questions about).

Good luck.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

March 27, 2014, 02:51:44 PM
Reply #1427

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #1427 on: March 27, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
Quote from: "Capt. Bob"
...faded faster than U of M football in the forth quarter but I digress.

Do I detect some frustration with THE U???

Corner of 520 and A1A...

March 27, 2014, 04:50:10 PM
Reply #1428

PIMitch

• Information Offline
« Reply #1428 on: March 27, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »
Hello all,
My name is Mitch, just sold my fully operational bay boat to purchase a 1976 sea hunter 240 that is torn down to the stringers. I know a couple guides that have them and love them. A friend bought one last year and is having it professionally done, I got inspired and here we are. Cutting and grinding now will post when I really start getting into the build. Thanks in advance for all the help and knowledge.

March 27, 2014, 04:56:13 PM
Reply #1429

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1429 on: March 27, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »
Welcome aboard Mitch. :salut:

240s are gettin' kinda popular around here.  :idea:

An excellent choice for a rebuild. Be sure to start a new thread in the Rebuilds forum. A number of members love this hull.

Good luck. :thumleft:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

March 27, 2014, 05:01:16 PM
Reply #1430

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1430 on: March 27, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
Quote from: "seabob4"
...faded faster than U of M football in the forth quarter but I digress.

Do I detect some frustration with THE U???

Please not tonight Bob.
I have a headache. :oops:

I'm sure we'll come back strong this season. :roll:
I'd have to guess not everyone in South Fla. can play at FSU(or Louisville).
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

March 27, 2014, 09:27:12 PM
Reply #1431

Heluva Tail

• Information Offline
« Reply #1431 on: March 27, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
SeaBob4 yes she has tabs. Here's some more pics of her. Plans are to put a t top on her and a leaning post. Really would like to go with a second station on top! Also looking at putting bolsters up on the bow. Thanks for all the help, Tommy Bedford

April 02, 2014, 10:41:48 AM
Reply #1432

Ptnomore

• Information Offline
  • Mid Atlantic
« Reply #1432 on: April 02, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »
Nice boat but then I'm bias. :mrgreen:

I bet it had a USCG placard at one time. In those days they had switched from the traditional metal plate to a vinyl decal. That decal,while lightly embossed, faded faster than U of M football in the forth quarter but I digress.
...Good luck.

I'm sure it was vinyl then.  The story that I got from the PO, was that this boat was "willed" upon death to original owners son after sitting on a boat lift over the water for 5-10 years, unused, in the Tampa area sun.

The son, living in Kentucky, had no use for a boat this big, and no interest in one in it's then current condition, so it went to Craigslist for a song.  The guy that I got it from restored it and ran it in a NC lake and dry stored for the 5 years or so before I got it.  So it saw minimal salt water use in the last 15 years and was never kept in the water. All upholstery was redone, gelcoat was buffed and polished, restriped, new trailer purchased, motor went through a minor rebuild (top end, rings, carbs, etc), all new fuel lines (but I've noticed that not all are the newer alcohol resistant ones), new tinted windshield (original shattered during transport from Kentucky) and repainted.  Bait and Fish wells were all disconnected and converted for storage (Easily returnable to original intended purpose).  

So the original UCCG placard was probably toast if it was still existant after 10 years of being baked.

Although the boat was rough around the edges, The PO was pretty proud of it.  I paid a much higher price than I probably should have, but I'm banking on the "limited salt use" and "minimal hours" on a 20 year old motor to make it worth my investment.  For all the time I've spent on it, working on it, and getting into the "nuts and bolts" of it, it's looking to me like the PO was giving me a pretty straight story on it.

Even now that I'm getting into the fuel tank replacement (still not out yet), what I can see around the tank, is remarkably clean.  Nice bright orange color all the way to the bottom, so if this tank is leaking, it's minimal, and there isn't any saturation that I can see as of yet.

I had a local Yamaha Mech go through the motor for me, and he was pleasantly surprised with the condition of the motor.
\'92 210 Explorer with \'92 Yamaha 250.

April 02, 2014, 12:00:40 PM
Reply #1433

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #1433 on: April 02, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Tommy, she is in EXCELLENT condition!  If you do an upper station, is it going to be fold down?  We only did 8 dual-station 245s, fold down, using Morse single lever controls.  Rigged in series, they were basically useless up top because of all the bends...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

April 02, 2014, 03:29:17 PM
Reply #1434

Heluva Tail

• Information Offline
« Reply #1434 on: April 02, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »
Its gonna be a fold down but I think I'm gonna wait till I re power and go with a fly by wire system. I'm really impressed with how good of shape its in. There only a few minor things to make it more fish-able then it will be set. I'm also looking for ideas on mounting dive tanks in the boat thinking bout using a couple roll control.

April 02, 2014, 03:44:41 PM
Reply #1435

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #1435 on: April 02, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »
Quote from: "Heluva Tail"
Its gonna be a fold down but I think I'm gonna wait till I re power and go with a fly by wire system. I'm really impressed with how good of shape its in. There only a few minor things to make it more fish-able then it will be set. I'm also looking for ideas on mounting dive tanks in the boat thinking bout using a couple roll control.

We used Roll Controls (factory option), 1 rack per side with the rack screwed into the top rod rack..holder, for lack of a better term, and into the inwale just forward of where the rod pockets end.  Held 4 tanks per side.  We didn't do many, probably a dozen over the few years we made them an option, see if I can find a pic...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

April 02, 2014, 04:08:30 PM
Reply #1436

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #1436 on: April 02, 2014, 04:08:30 PM »
Here ya go Tommy, how we did them at the factory...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

April 02, 2014, 07:33:09 PM
Reply #1437

Heluva Tail

• Information Offline
« Reply #1437 on: April 02, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
Thank you seabob4 that's exactly where I'm waning to put them.

April 07, 2014, 08:18:19 PM
Reply #1438

joesmomjen

• Information Offline
New Here - May be spending more time than I should
« Reply #1438 on: April 07, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »
Always a fan of the early Aquasports and Mako's and may now be starting to live the dream. Found a 1981 23ft CC, not sure if it is a CCP as I haven't seen the boat in person yet. Owned by original owner and am still gathering data.
Just wanted to say hi and from what I've seen and read here, the knowledge base is incredible.

April 13, 2014, 02:44:05 AM
Reply #1439

Lefty13

• Information Offline
Left Coast Intro and Boat ID Request
« Reply #1439 on: April 13, 2014, 02:44:05 AM »
A big shout out to all of you classic Aquasportees!  I'm a West Coast lifer who's addicted to the timeless lines of older vessels.  Who I am:  husband, father, son, brother, steward of this amazing land.  Things I dig:  family, friends, fly fishing, steelhead, bourbon, exploring and enjoying the outdoors with my boys.  

Alright, boat content.  I currently have a want to replace our hardtop Glasply with a larger center console.  I've always enjoyed the culture surrounding cars (VW's) and boats (Glasply and Mako) that seem to share a strong brand following.  By chance, last year, I struck up a conversation with a gentleman at a marina whose boat seemed perfect for my needs.  He explained it was an older Aquasport center console and had a deep v to smooth the ride in our NW waters.  Spacious, with good freeboard, a wide beam and plenty of storage.  So, my search has lead me to this site.  Ideally, I think a 222 CCP would be the best fit for my needs.  A boat that's a straight up fisher and can be used right away as needed, but could provide a bit of restoration wrenching on the weekends as well.  

Unfortunately, not too many of these boats come up for sale around these parts.  I am open to the idea of transporting the right boat in from out of state, but admittedly this makes me a bit uneasy.  Recently, an ad popped up on CL for what looks to be a 1986 200 Osprey?  Anyone with insights on this boat?  No price listed and the guy listing it seems to have no real knowledge of or interest in selling this.   He did tell me the boat was recently brought over from Florida and that he has an offer on the table of 5K.  Of course he does.  I would need to commit an entire day to go view this, not really feeling it, but thought I'd run it by the experts here.  

Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal