Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Year Round Boat Cover  (Read 390 times)

August 15, 2012, 01:03:32 PM
Read 390 times

CTsalt12

• Information Offline
Year Round Boat Cover
« on: August 15, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »
So I think I want to go with a boat cover instead of shrink-wrapping.  Reason  being, I would to be able to  unstrap boat and do some work periodically during the off-season, given the mild winter we had last year.  And, I just think shrinkwrapping is wasteful year after year.  

Any resources or leads on what to  look for in a cover.  Located in New England so it's gotta be tough, able to withstand wind and rain and snow of course.  West Marine has covers for about $250 that I think would fit but just seems too good to be true.  They seem to be designed more as "trailer" covers, not year round covers.
Jimbo
1989 175 Osprey

August 15, 2012, 04:32:00 PM
Reply #1

louiefl

• Information Offline
Re: Year Round Boat Cover
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
I wanted something to keep leaves and prying eyes out, so I ended up going cheap and getting an Attwood 300 denier universal fit cover fo $69 from Wal-Mart - "model D" on the link below.  

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/prod ... fit-covers

Attaches to the frame using bungie cords. Not trailerable, but is bone dry inside after the worst rains. I'd be tempted to make a support between the live well seat and the bow to keep snow from sagging it, but not a problem for me in south Florida. Length is just right as it covers the engine and swim ladder.
1996 Osprey 175 Johnson 88 SPL

August 15, 2012, 04:49:05 PM
Reply #2

Double Trouble

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
Quote from: "CTsalt12"
So I think I want to go with a boat cover instead of shrink-wrapping.  Reason  being, I would to be able to  unstrap boat and do some work periodically during the off-season, given the mild winter we had last year.  And, I just think shrinkwrapping is wasteful year after year.  

Any resources or leads on what to  look for in a cover.  Located in New England so it's gotta be tough, able to withstand wind and rain and snow of course.  West Marine has covers for about $250 that I think would fit but just seems too good to be true.  They seem to be designed more as "trailer" covers, not year round covers.

I bought a carver boat cover last year has a 5 year warranty its a semi custom cover but fits the boat vwry well it is strong yet light weight so you can install your self. It has vippers on both sides makes it easy to get in and out. I think it cost $750 my boat is a 275 explorer so its a big cover what it used to cost me to shrink wrap the cover will be more then paid for this year.

August 16, 2012, 11:56:56 AM
Reply #3

CTsalt12

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:56:56 AM »
Thanks fellas!

Wow $70 from wal mart can't beat that.  The great thing is, i kept the support from the shrikwrap from the PO so that's one less step.
Jimbo
1989 175 Osprey

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal