Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Does this boards influence?????????  (Read 582 times)

September 16, 2011, 12:09:55 PM
Read 582 times

saltfly

• Information Offline
Does this boards influence?????????
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »
Well I went by the dealer, that had the Green Aquasport. I was going to take pic’s. But as I drove by to go to the turn in road. The boat was gone.  Soooo I dove on down to the Marina, were I ran in to a friend. I asked if he saw the boat their in the back. He just laughed and said it was sold. I said , you got to be kidding. Its been their for I think a year. He said he stopped by a few days after I posted about it on seabobs thread. To take a good look at it. But when he didn’t see it. He asked, just in case it was in the back. He was told a guy came in and bought it. Just a day or two before he stopped in. So was it being mentioned on a thread here, have any influence on it being sold or not? I’ll leave it up to you. As for me. I think so, because we have a lot of visitors here and you never know.  If one was looking for a boat and that thread helped make up their mind. So Bob, I won’t be taking a pic of that boat. Till I see it off shore along with the blue one. Of that I'm sure of. bwahahahaha :thumright:

September 16, 2011, 01:03:35 PM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: Does this boards influence?????????
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »
Walt, it is entirely possible the buyer has been lurking around Classic AS, he may even be a member, for all we know.

I would like to think that, because the way this forum is administrated (thanks, Rick! :salut: ), because of the friendships we share here, because of the knowledge that is so valuable, from so many members, that we, as a group, have a positive influence on not only the AS community, but the entire boating community as well.

Either that, or some stranger drove by and thought it was pretty... :shock:  :shock:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

September 16, 2011, 03:21:47 PM
Reply #2

saltfly

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
Could have been someone driving by. But I think it was some one who has been visiting and so does my visiting friend. He doesn't have AS. But visits here alot, himself. He likes the info he reads. it has helped him fix his boat. Just by reading and seeing pic's of what others are doing. At least thats what he told me. Soooo it may not be long before one of us sees the boat and its new owner. Amd when I do. I'll be sure to tell him, how about joining us now that he is a AS owner. :thumright:

September 16, 2011, 04:00:19 PM
Reply #3

Menner

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »
Saltfly I went by there yesterday and didn't see it and thought I might have just over looked it like you said it has been there a long time so when I was by there today I looked harder and sure enough no green AS
Well hopfully the new owner will sound off on the forum

September 16, 2011, 04:05:22 PM
Reply #4

Menner

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 04:05:22 PM »
Oh by the way Saltfly Please stop looking for a Trailer for me I broke down and bought a new Loadrite from taylors so if you find a good used one that would have saved me a grand or so I really don't want to know lol maybe I will see you outfront this fall or in the back bays

September 16, 2011, 04:45:48 PM
Reply #5

saltfly

• Information Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »
I'm glad to hear you found one. I have been looking and havn't found one big enough to hold your whaler. But in the long run you may be better off with a new one. I also hope to see you over this way. I'll be going out next week. my wife will be stting the grand kids at their house. Sooo I'll be fishing all next week. Except for tue. If you see a AS 19-6 with a electric motor on the bow and nothing on her to say, hey I'm an AS. In the back bay. That would be me. Off shore I'll be in a Blue 222 ccp.I plan to fish at over fall this year. I'm trying to prove that the albies are out that way. I've hit them a number of years ago. But the @#$%$#@# wind starts to blow in Oct. and never seams to stop. Mother nature hate me. :roll:

September 16, 2011, 07:40:22 PM
Reply #6

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »
There are a few people who monitor our finds of Flatbacks and snarf them up.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

September 16, 2011, 07:55:41 PM
Reply #7

saltfly

• Information Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »
Rick I can believe that. I know that as soon as one of the older boats go up around here its gone before you know it.  I feel this board has put a light on these boats. More people are now looking for them. I also see more on the water around here. I think its great to see more people finally seeing how good these boats are.

September 16, 2011, 08:59:01 PM
Reply #8

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »
When you're out and run into another AS stop and ask them how they like it and feel them out - bet most don't have a clue what they're in, like the boneheads down here.  We'll be rafting up with 9 aquasports and one will cruise by and not even a wave.  Like they can't spot an AS from a few hundred feet  :roll:  Hell, I can spot one from several thousand feet away :wink:
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

September 16, 2011, 09:01:00 PM
Reply #9

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Quote from: "RickK"
When you're out and run into another AS stop and ask them how they like it and feel them out - bet most don't have a clue what they're in, like the boneheads down here.  We'll be rafting up with 9 aquasports and one will cruise by and not even a wave.  Like they can't spot an AS from a few hundred feet  :roll:  Hell, I can spot one from several thousand feet away :wink:

A mile will do it... :cheers:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal