Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Some may be interested in this  (Read 526 times)

September 21, 2011, 11:17:53 AM
Read 526 times

saltfly

• Information Offline
Some may be interested in this
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
Well I don’t feel to bad. I broke in my motor this summer and since I don’t have a flow scan on it. I was now wondering how much gas I was using. So I filled up the boat till gas came out of the vent. Which I caught with a rage. I took two friends fishing and we run 40 nautical miles on my gps. I just took the boat back to the same gas station and used the same pump. So the boat was sitting on the same surface plane. It took 16 gals. To fill. That works out to 2.5 nautical miles per gal. which makes me happy as a pig in chit. So a 222 ccp with a 150 Yamaha and three people with tackle. Doesn’t do bad. That’s a lot better then my old 175. Now I have to see what I get with the new trim tabs.

September 21, 2011, 04:12:13 PM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: Some may be interested in this
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »
Walt,
Where those tabs are really going to pay for themselves is when you have to slow because of sea conditions, yet can still remain on plane, and efficient, as opposed to pushing a wall of water...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

September 21, 2011, 06:43:40 PM
Reply #2

saltfly

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
Bob thats why I installed them. After reading what you guys write about them. Here in the mid atlantic. We get the wind. You may go out in the morning, with a blue bird ski and sea. But by noon, between the swells and waves. You end up puching water, all the way in. I'm looking forward to seeing how they work for me. Was going out this week. But we are getting all of that dirty water coming out of the Delaware and  chesapeake bays from all the rain. Its got every thing as far as you can see muddy. I wish I could catch that mud and give it back to the farmers up in NY, PA,NJ, MD, VA, WVa and of course Del. Every thing they lost, is down here now. We will need a good week of west wind, to puch it out to sea.

All yea, hows your buc's doing? The Ravens hent Pitts. there butts the first week. Sooooo we all started to hope. Then they went to tenn. And they, put every bodys feet back on the ground. The ravens came home carrying their butts. Some time what goes around comes around.

September 21, 2011, 08:47:38 PM
Reply #3

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »
Walt,
They are tied for 1st...which, at 1-1, isn't saying much!  Falcons come to town this weekend, we'll see what the Buc's are made of...

Love to see all this Football stuff creeping into posts...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal