Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Gotta have a little fun...Ron Jon's  (Read 507 times)

June 18, 2011, 11:09:04 PM
Read 507 times

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Gotta have a little fun...Ron Jon's
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:09:04 PM »
Thanks, actually, to Pete, for pointing out the "Space Coast", I reminded him he forgot Ron Jons, used to hang there in the early 80s when I was going to UCF...so my new sig pic...

Back when it was at the corner of 520 and A1A...just the corner, not the whole frickin' block!!

Corner of 520 and A1A...

June 18, 2011, 11:38:53 PM
Reply #1

John Jones

• Information Offline
Re: Gotta have a little fun...Ron Jon's
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »
I would bet they have 2X the billboards of any other company.  Well, maybe not more than the  Cafe Risque "We bare all" signs.   :lol:

Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

June 19, 2011, 12:33:57 AM
Reply #2

T Race

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:33:57 AM »
Quote from: "seabob4"
Thanks, actually, to Pete, for pointing out the "Space Coast", I reminded him he forgot Ron Jons, used to hang there in the early 80s when I was going to UCF...so my new sig pic...

Back when it was at the corner of 520 and A1A...just the corner, not the whole frickin' block!!

Seabob,
    You are bringing back some great memories of those days... early eighties I was in my early 20's living in Cape Canaveral, renting a house on the beach, drankin' and chasing girls.  I'll give you a buffalo nickel if you can name the beachfront nightclub from that time, at the A1A-520 intersection (NE corner)?  Can you remember any other clubs/bars from that era?

My, ohhhhhh, my what good times  :bounce:

Best wishes, T
T Race
1999 Aquasport 215 Explorer, IO, Hardtop
2006 Ford F-150 SCab, 4WD

June 19, 2011, 12:16:15 PM
Reply #3

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »
Quote from: "T Race"
Quote from: "seabob4"

Seabob,
    You are bringing back some great memories of those days... early eighties I was in my early 20's living in Cape Canaveral, renting a house on the beach, drankin' and chasing girls.  I'll give you a buffalo nickel if you can name the beachfront nightclub from that time, at the A1A-520 intersection (NE corner)?  Can you remember any other clubs/bars from that era?

My, ohhhhhh, my what good times  :bounce:

Best wishes, T

T,
Seeing as I lived in SW Orlando (stones throw from where Universal is now, used to be a wooded stretch off Kirkman), we did all our partying back in O-Town.  Wouldn't want to drive the Beeline back half-chitfaced!

Used to go over to Cocoa after class at UCF.  Was working at Sea World part-time (I think adult admission was like $17!!!), we did Church Street, especially Tuesday afternoon/evenings at Nickelodeon, 5 cent beers 'til 7, 20 beers for a buck!!  Of course, the hotel bars in Lake Buena Vista...

Lived there from age 20 to 34, really miss those days sometimes...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

June 19, 2011, 11:48:56 PM
Reply #4

T Race

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 11:48:56 PM »
Seabob,

Church Street Station was a regular stop for our gang... Rosy O'Gradys, a balloon bar Phillo Foggs (?) and some great huge western honky tonk...  great road trips.

The dancebar I was quizzing you about (pre-Ron Jons megolith) was "The Anchor Club".    :drunken:

There was another beach bar on CB, the Thirsty Turtle, about 4 miles from my rental in Cape Canaveral - we would sail my Hobie Cat down there in the afternoon, run it up on the beach, soak suds and finagle young beauties into going for boat rides.  That dern Hobie Cat was better'n a puppy in a college park for meeting girls.

Oh, the good ol' days, huh?
T Race
1999 Aquasport 215 Explorer, IO, Hardtop
2006 Ford F-150 SCab, 4WD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal