Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Osprey 175 Questions  (Read 595 times)

October 21, 2010, 10:20:22 PM
Read 595 times

bcc101

• Information Offline
Osprey 175 Questions
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
I have a 2001 175 Osprey with a 115 Johnson. The time we have had the boat has been a very positve experience. The glass work only requires a couple waxings a year with Twax.
I saw a while ago some one on the forum mentioned having been employed by Aquasport- you did good work on this boat. We receive comments at many of the places we go.
Two things I have a question about.
We use the boat in the Adirondacks and it rains-once in a while it does not. When I empty the gear out of the fish box and open the inspection port I find some water right under the pump. This is not a lot but I would like to find where it is coming from.
Since we have had the boat it has been necessary to make a few adjustments to the trailer.
When we first brought it home after purchasing it in Connecticut I found the tongue weight to be around 450lb.
I moved the axle forward and reduced it to around 200lb.
The boat tends to sit so it is a little light in the front. When trailing, the cover will eventually work its way between the boat and the bow roller. It is necessary to ease the winch strap and then with a good heave pick up the bow to release the cover.
The winch strap does pull up a bit so I am considering readjusting the bow stop to make it pull level or even down.
Any suggestion? Sorry to write so much. Bruce

October 21, 2010, 10:39:30 PM
Reply #1

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Osprey 175 Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 10:39:30 PM »
Bruce, glad your with us, and welcome to "Happy Family". And no, not a Chinese take-out.

Always fun to mess with the trailer.  :roll:

Final adjustments show you've accomplished the first 90%. We can all relate to that.

Forget worrying about the canvas at 55 mph. Bungee cord/cinch it down as best you see fit. With good forward thinking things should be fine.

Any questions, ask them. You have friends here.

Again...Welcome aboard Bruce!

And ps....Seabob on this board made your boat and be assured, delivered a quality product. With regard to the hatches shipping a bit of water...they all do. Don't be concerned with a spoonful. My 1975 22-2 was subject to 23.75 inches of rain in 3 days. She was tilted well stern-down on the trailer. Opened the hull drain-plug yesterday, final turn the plug blew off down the ramp. Drained for 20 to 25 minutes or so. Estimating eight to nine hundred pounds of water held in the bilge.

Are my stringers waterlogged? After 35 years of course they were. Now....well....at least no bugs in the bilge.... :roll:

October 22, 2010, 05:15:14 AM
Reply #2

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
Re: Osprey 175 Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 05:15:14 AM »
Welcome aboard bcc101  :!:  :!:
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal