Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: What happened to the Aquasport brand?  (Read 2998 times)

May 13, 2010, 08:53:34 PM
Reply #15

slippery73

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
Re: What happened to the Aquasport brand?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 08:53:34 PM »
Quote from: "RickK"
I heard Bayside went under.

Don't know that they went under, maybe they quit doing rebuilds. Will is building the Aeon boats, I heard they are also doing the building for the new beavertail skiffs as well.

May 14, 2010, 04:52:02 AM
Reply #16

RickK

• Information Online
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 04:52:02 AM »
Did they move from where they were - that's what I heard is they shut down where they were, so the people assumed they went under.  Are they still doing business as Bayside?
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

May 14, 2010, 11:06:54 AM
Reply #17

slippery73

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 11:06:54 AM »
Did they move from where they were - that's what I heard is they shut down where they were, so the people assumed they went under.  Are they still doing business as Bayside?

I have no idea, don't know why they would if they are building the beavertails and Aeon's.

May 14, 2010, 04:52:34 PM
Reply #18

elizabeth

• Information Offline
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 04:52:34 PM »
Quote from: "slippery73"

Don't know that they went under, maybe they quit doing rebuilds. Will is building the Aeon boats, I heard they are also doing the building for the new beavertail skiffs as well.

Gentlemen, Bayside Marine Services as a company is very much alive & kicking! Yes we did move 12 months ago to larger new premises (still in Palmetto) and yes we do continue to do do lots of repairs, rebuilds and custom modifications. As of now we have a 1968 AS Flatback, 1974 17' Mako both being completely re-stored & a 28' Grady White & 33' Formula getting custom work done among smaller quick turn around repair jobs. Yes, we do build, rig at our facility and ship the Beavertail skiffs for the Minnesota based Fisher Beavertail group. Also Bayside Marine Sevices now offers Aluminum Fabrication in house which has had a great response from old & new clients and we also build various aluminum parts for other local boat companies.
We continue to grow the new company Aeon Marine and we are keeping busy. Thanks to all of the Classic AS forum members who have visited and spent time browsing the Aeon Marine website in the past couple of days. The success of Aeon has been built on her classic lines, it was always our intention to emulate the AS 222 classic style, however I can assure all that we have not just 'add a couple of strakes to an AS' as can be testified by AS owners and new owners alike! With this said we would happily invite a couple of the AS Forum members to join us with their AS 222s to witness first hand the Aeon 23 running and compare, I believe this would make a great feature on the Forum. If interested please call me to arrange. Our office # (941) 705 2090. Best Regards Elizabeth Leslie.

May 14, 2010, 05:46:13 PM
Reply #19

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »
Quote from: "elizabeth"
Quote from: "slippery73"

Gentlemen, Bayside Marine Services as a company is very much alive & kicking! Yes we did move 12 months ago to larger new premises (still in Palmetto) and yes we do continue to do do lots of repairs, rebuilds and custom modifications. As of now we have a 1968 AS Flatback, 1974 17' Mako both being completely re-stored & a 28' Grady White & 33' Formula getting custom work done among smaller quick turn around repair jobs. Yes, we do build, rig at our facility and ship the Beavertail skiffs for the Minnesota based Fisher Beavertail group. Also Bayside Marine Sevices now offers Aluminum Fabrication in house which has had a great response from old & new clients and we also build various aluminum parts for other local boat companies.
We continue to grow the new company Aeon Marine and we are keeping busy. Thanks to all of the Classic AS forum members who have visited and spent time browsing the Aeon Marine website in the past couple of days. The success of Aeon has been built on her classic lines, it was always our intention to emulate the AS 222 classic style, however I can assure all that we have not just 'add a couple of strakes to an AS' as can be testified by AS owners and new owners alike! With this said we would happily invite a couple of the AS Forum members to join us with their AS 222s to witness first hand the Aeon 23 running and compare, I believe this would make a great feature on the Forum. If interested please call me to arrange. Our office # (941) 705 2090. Best Regards Elizabeth Leslie.

Elizabeth,
First, I want to extend to you a hearty welcome to Classic AS, the best owner's site on the net, even better than mine!  Couple of questions.  Do the owners have any ties to the Genmar AS time period, and, secondly, do any of the workers have former Wellcraft/AS experience?  I was there from '94 through May '00.

Welcome aboard! :salut:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

June 17, 2010, 11:09:23 PM
Reply #20

John Jones

• Information Offline
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »
Quote from: "John Jones"
Quote from: "seabob4"
and I'd have to meet all these EPA reg's.

Anyone know who is building boats here?  Looks pretty shoestring.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 3&t=h&z=18

I figured this out but have not stopped by yet.

http://www.calcuttaboats.com/
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

June 18, 2010, 12:14:39 AM
Reply #21

wingtime

• Information Offline
    • http://50newtmotorclub.shutterfly.com/
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »
Quote from: "John Jones"
I figured this out but have not stopped by yet.

http://www.calcuttaboats.com/

There is a Calcutta boat parked in a guys front yard on 22nd Ave west of US 19.   Everytime I drive by that thing and see the transom.... or the total lack of...  I'm shocked.  Wild idea.
1998 Explorer w/ Etec 250

1987 170 w/ Evinrude 90

June 18, 2010, 08:23:41 AM
Reply #22

John Jones

• Information Offline
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 08:23:41 AM »
It is a wild idea, to me anyway.  I guess if there is no where for the water to get trapped then the only issue could be wet feet which is not new news in a lot of boats.
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal