Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: transom drain plug  (Read 741 times)

June 18, 2010, 10:52:39 PM
Read 741 times

housedocter

• Information Offline
transom drain plug
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
Is the drain plug in the transom in the same area as the bilge pump or is it in it's own space?  I am back to grasping at straws to find my listing problem.  Today I found an old dish towel under the platform where the bilge pump and switch are located.  It's a wonder that the switch worked at all.  It was rotted to a point where you could not grab it and pull without it turning to mush.
     I did not take one of the batteries out and put it on the other side yet.  It seems that I shouldn't even have any extra weight in the back,  so taking it from one spot and putting it in another is only going to level the boat some,  but it still will be low in the stern.

June 18, 2010, 11:32:03 PM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: transom drain plug
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
HD,
The forward compartments need to drain under that platform and that very well may have been the "stopper" that prevented draining... but that is draining the forward half of the boat, not the stern, which is your issue.

I would drill an exploratory hole into one of the stringers in the bilge and see if what you pull out with the drill bit appears/seems/is wet...and then report back...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

June 19, 2010, 06:58:40 AM
Reply #2

housedocter

• Information Offline
Re: transom drain plug
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:58:40 AM »
thanks Bob.  I will be pulling the boat by Monday to clean it up and pull the drain plug again.  I'll drill the exploratory hole after I see what comes out of the bilge while I'm home.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal