Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Sport Craft by Aqua Sport (Canadian Boat Co under License)??  (Read 1448 times)

March 29, 2010, 12:56:15 PM
Read 1448 times

Mrboatguy63

• Information Offline
Sport Craft by Aqua Sport (Canadian Boat Co under License)??
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
I just picked this boat up. Not sure of year but since it has a 12 character HIN it must be 1974 or newer. Built under License by Aqua Sport in Canada under the name of Sport Craft model Super Sport.
Anyone have any info or brochures. She was always garage kept has only been out in the weather about 2 weeks and is in real great shape. I didn't see any stress cracks to be truthful. Small repair from where she bumped a rock at the stern but that was about it.

Thank you!!
Jim

I will post pics once I figure out how on this site
jim

March 29, 2010, 01:23:30 PM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sport Craft by Aqua Sport (Canadian Boat Co under License)??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
Let's start here.

1: Go to your Bucket account (you need one to post photos to this site), open and double click on a photo you have uploaded.

2. Place cursor on the top left of photo, tool bar will appear, place cursor on EDIT then click on RESIZE

3. In a few moments a new window will open (call it the re-size window) with your photo and a tool bar above it.
Note the photo size in the tool bar. Since this site (Classic Aquasport) only limits posted photos to 800 pix wide X 600 pix long you must re-size it in order to post it. So.....

4. Photo Bucket has preset sizes you can use. They are in a 4:3 ratio and you will notice them in the toolbar just below the width measurement (1022px in this case). Also notice that you can manually enter the pixel size for both width and height. Also note that there are two selections you can make when manually selecting the number of pixels. Unless you're a photo genius :roll:
make sure you have the "proportion" button highlighted (little red dot to the left). This keeps your photo in the standard 4:3 ratio mentioned above. Why is this important? Under normal conditions, you hold the camera in the standard position and your photo is taken in the 4:3 ratio. Tilting the camera on end (like your sig pic) alters the width to height ratio. By leaving the proportion button highlighted, you can enter 600 px in the height box and the width will automatically change for a proper photo size.

5. This is where most members screw up. :o After you set the proper size you must do two (2) additional steps. First, click on the APPLY button on the right side of the tool box. Nothing much will seem to happen. Now scroll down and click on the
Replace Original button. It's located underneath and to the right of your photo. If you do not complete this step, you will never place the proper size photo on the Aqua site. This is the thing most members do not do.

6.After clicking on the Replace Original button, the screen will take a few moments to do its thing and a new window will magically appear. Scroll down and look to the left and you will notice several options for "sharing your photo". Click on the bottom one and notice how a little yellow box appears to the left saying "copied".

That's it, you're done.
Go back to your post and place your re-sized photo into the post where you want it by pushing "Ctrl + V" (at the same time) and it will appear as code. By previewing your post before submitting, you can check that you did everything correctly.

Next, post the HIN#.

There's a SportCraft boat company just east of me in Perry Fla. They aren't related to Aquasport boats.
I have a feeling you don't have an Aquasport made by the group this forum relates to, but......

Try and get a photo up and let us see what it looks like.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

March 29, 2010, 01:37:49 PM
Reply #2

Mrboatguy63

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:37:49 PM »
Thx I will follow the instructions.
She is definitely a Sport Craft built in Canada under license of Aqua Sport HIN is ZAS00560M84G
One of the Tags Reads
Sport Craft
Aqua Sport Canada 37 KG s/n 256160
jim

March 29, 2010, 03:33:03 PM
Reply #4

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
HIN shows it as a Aqua Sport Canada LTD. Made in Laval QC.

We see these on occasion
<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4335&p=27185&hilit=laval#p27185<!-- l -->

I see an 85 Super Sport listed but not an 84. Doesn't really mean much though because boat manufactures were allowed to list model years (I read that somewhere).
<!-- m -->http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx? ... 1600011114<!-- m -->

It's a different Aqua Sport than the ones here.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

March 29, 2010, 05:20:59 PM
Reply #5

Mrboatguy63

• Information Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 05:20:59 PM »
I do appreciate your help Capt Bob. Thank you very much.
Have a good day!!
Jim
jim

March 29, 2010, 05:59:42 PM
Reply #6

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 05:59:42 PM »
Looks almost "Checkmate"ish - bet it'll get squirrelly with the right HP on the back  :twisted: .  Enjoy your boat and show us some pics once she's in the water.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

March 29, 2010, 06:06:51 PM
Reply #7

Mrboatguy63

• Information Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »
Will do!! Thank you
Jim
jim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal