Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Some things I have done  (Read 685 times)

March 14, 2010, 05:34:15 PM
Read 685 times

labboss2003

• Information Offline
Some things I have done
« on: March 14, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »
Seems like there's no end to the things I want to change/redo on my boat .Always dig seeing what others have done, so I figured I would show some of the things I have done.

Took fuel gauge out ,replaced it with an LMF-400..thing does all kinds of stuff

Next up was to add some more power to the helm area.I run my Hummin bird vhf am/fm radio 2 lighter/power points Sirrus and cabin light from here.

Next I added a third battery to the back so I can run overhead deck lights underwater lights bait tank pump under gunnel rope lights power source for Lmf-400 nema backbone and my cannon downrigger. Along with this came a need for another fuse panel and a set of switches.

Because I have two pumps now, one for bait tank and one for wash down and the fact I mix oil in my fuel  tank, I had some different options as where to run the hose nozzle. So I think I found a good spot.

My latest project was to redo the dash fuses ,never liked those push button breakers so added another fuse block (temporally)see bottom.

I know fuses are to big these where put in just to try every thing.

Things on my to do list are;

New dash panel, think I am goiung to go with a hard plastic, maybe medium tinted so I can put some neon behind it.

Move the dash fuses into cabin area, but first I want to build a new box that extends down to the sink ,so I can  install my  am/fm and a small tv and playstaion 3 in.
 I am Sure I will be doing more as time goes by .......air conditioner unit under sink........well.........................

March 14, 2010, 08:47:05 PM
Reply #1

Circle Hooked

• Information Offline
    • http://www.theaquasportboatclub.com/index.php
Re: Some things I have done
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »
Looks like you have been busy,that's a lot of the same stuff I've been doing,I'm doing a lot of re wire and new bilge pumps,and you gave me more ideas,i also ran  6 gauge power and ground wires up to the helm,and fuse block, should have power for anything up there now

Just to give you some more to think about that grounding block next to your battery switch,check out those connections,you got the same cheap ring terminals i had,all my grounds are corroded and yours look like mine,I'm running all new wire and heat shrink ring terminals ,should be good for another ten years or so. :thumright:

And almost forgot to say good job. :salut:
Scott
1997 225 Explorer

March 14, 2010, 08:48:23 PM
Reply #2

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
Bob C2, check your PMs... :D

Corner of 520 and A1A...

March 14, 2010, 08:56:56 PM
Reply #3

labboss2003

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:56:56 PM »
Just to give you some more to think about that grounding block next to your battery switch,check out those connections,you got the same cheap ring terminals i had,all my grounds are corroded and yours look like mine,I'm running all new wire and heat shrink ring terminals ,should be good for another ten years or so. :thumright:[/quote]

I have 2 new grouding blocks ...one for the front and one for the back..... ran out of shrink tubing today.Will hit those next. Next time I do my blidge I am going to find me the shortest guy in front of home depot and send him down the hatch :P

March 14, 2010, 09:02:36 PM
Reply #4

Circle Hooked

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:02:36 PM »
Quote from: "labboss2003"
Just to give you some more to think about that grounding block next to your battery switch,check out those connections,you got the same cheap ring terminals i had,all my grounds are corroded and yours look like mine,I'm running all new wire and heat shrink ring terminals ,should be good for another ten years or so. :thumright:

I have 2 new grouding blocks ...one for the front and one for the back..... ran out of shrink tubing today.Will hit those next. Next time I do my blidge I am going to find me the shortest guy in front of home depot and send him down the hatch :P[/quote]

Man do i agree with that,just did my stern light today and that ground was bad from the light all the way to the block.

The hardest part for me is to get the wiring looking as pretty as it was when Bob C did it the first time :wink:
Scott
1997 225 Explorer

March 14, 2010, 09:09:26 PM
Reply #5

labboss2003

• Information Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 09:09:26 PM »
I hear ya on that :D Did find a new tallent I didn't know I had tho.........the ole one haned zip tie connection.

March 14, 2010, 09:13:14 PM
Reply #6

Circle Hooked

• Information Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »
Quote from: "labboss2003"
I hear ya on that :D Did find a new tallent I didn't know I had tho.........the ole one haned zip tie connection.

Me to, man small world  :lol:
Scott
1997 225 Explorer

March 14, 2010, 09:15:26 PM
Reply #7

Circle Hooked

• Information Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »
Did you get a pm from Bob C i didn't get mine yet.
Scott
1997 225 Explorer

March 14, 2010, 09:17:21 PM
Reply #8

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 09:17:21 PM »
Boys, don't sell yourselves short. You've shown good work. Pretty is last, and is nothing but time, and black tie-wraps.....

Keep up the good work.

March 14, 2010, 11:23:16 PM
Reply #9

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 11:23:16 PM »
Quote from: "gran398"
Boys, don't sell yourselves short. You've shown good work. Pretty is last, and is nothing but time, and black tie-wraps.....

Keep up the good work.

Ditto! Or, in the web world, X2!

Many times it's it's getting things working properly with new materials.  One can always go back in and tidy it up.  The important thing is that you've got all new wiring/terminals/fuse blocks in there, you know it's not going to fail...anytime soon.  Spray all of that with Boeshield T-9 or CorrosionX, it will make everything last that much longer...

For one-handed  ty-wrap applications, I use the 14" ones, gives the thumb a lot more leeway to guide the pigtail into the slot... :thumright:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal