Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: I finally got out, both days in fact.  (Read 817 times)

March 05, 2007, 01:43:48 PM
Read 817 times

Ben87

• Information Offline
I finally got out, both days in fact.
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:43:48 PM »
Got to the boat, cover was perfect, took the time to take it off which didn't take long as the bungee's, ropes and framework was all new and made to be easy on-easy off.  

Here is my rig-job.  

After I got everything off, a buddy of mine who lived closeby knew of a freshwater pond that I could do a shakedown run in.  I backed the boat down, turned the key and a bunch of white smoke came out but she did fire for a moment.  I hit the key again and she started right up and ran like it did last December.  We spent a couple of hours on a 2x3mile pond doing hot-laps.

Here is a pic with a buddy trying to get it onto the trailer, it is almost agonizing seeing friends who have close to no experience try and get the boat onto the trailer.  I noticed the heel to port but with 2 people on the gunwale and it being freshwater I figured it was the reason for the list.  I also noticed that the boat did indeed sit lower in fresh water and it felt softer than ocean/salt water.  First time for me in fresh water.  

Then there was Sunday.  I didn't expect to go out on Saturday but it was 50 degrees out and I just had to.  I knew I had all day on Sunday to go out even though it was only in the 40's at best.  I was going out.  

Here are a couple of the boat off the pier.  

All in all, I was glad to finally be able to get out.  The seas were a tight 1-2 feet and we were getting soaked with 38 degree water but I had all the foul weather gear on and wool so I was good.  

I'm loving this new digicam.  Enjoy fellas.

March 05, 2007, 06:28:57 PM
Reply #1

JimCt

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 06:28:57 PM »
Wow! you really did it.  Congrats. on being the "Icebreaker" for 2007!  Looks cold but fun.  I see the rods there... any fish?
JimCT
------
\'74 22-2 inboard
HIN:ASPL0953M74J
Chrysler 318
------
\'74 Marshall 22

March 05, 2007, 08:03:55 PM
Reply #2

John Jones

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:03:55 PM »
Good deal Ben.  The wind was howling so no getting out down here.  I did go to what is our largest fishing/boat show at the fairgrounds.  Tons of boats from kayaks to a big azz Hydro Sport with a "boat show special" sticker for $178,000.   :shock: Of course, that will be chump change when I hit the MegaMillions lotto this week.  :wink:
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

March 06, 2007, 09:40:01 AM
Reply #3

Ben87

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:40:01 AM »
We were trying for cod but no luck.  I suspect that as we had a wicked storm, 1-3" of rain on Friday followed by two days of big-wind the bite must have died off, or there were no fish in the water below the boat.  At least I got to go out and git-er-done.  

It was maybe 40 degrees on Sunday and you can see us bundled in wool hats and ski-parkas as it was cool and with 38 degree water spraying over the sides made for a good challenge.  It will be all down hill from here until next October/November as it will only get warmer.  

This Saturday and Sunday I'll be out again for sure.

March 06, 2007, 10:25:02 AM
Reply #4

rsh19904

• Information Offline
Bad day of fishing beats....
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:25:02 AM »
Congrats on getting out..expecting 4" of snow tomorrow and 26 degrees for a high today with 30mph winds..like 5 below wind chill or something..brrrrr...looks like it will be a while for us in the mid atlantic  :roll:
Its called fishing not catching for a reason.  Usually operator error

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal