Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: PUPPIES!!!!!  (Read 346 times)

May 16, 2014, 11:37:57 AM
Read 346 times

Georgie

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
PUPPIES!!!!!
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:37:57 AM »
Come one, come all...the marvelous litter of 13 irresistably adorable cretins is nearly ready to leave the nest!   :shock:

Backstory: About two months ago my wife and I were entertaining some out of town guests and decided a trip to the fruit winery in Southwest Miami would be a good way to spend the afternoon.   After a couple hours trying everything the place had to offer  :drunken:  we decided to head south a few blocks to the famous Robert Is Here fruitstand for their insanely delicious milkshakes.  About a mile south of the winery we noticed this brown medium sized dog wandering the side of the road in the middle of nursery/agricultural country (no homes).  Being dog lovers, we pulled over to try and see if the dog had a collar identifying where "home" was.  The dog came RUNNING over to the car and literally tried to climb into the passenger window to be with us.  Sure enough, no collar, and she was extremely emaciated.  We pulled her inside the car and began to drive around the area looking for possible homes.  No luck.  Talked to the staff at the fruitstand, and as we expected, the road we were driving on is as far west as you can possibly go on a public road in Miami.  Everything else is either tresspassing private drives throughout the nurseries, or the Everglades, and the road is actually infamous for being the preferred unwanted pet dumping ground.  So, after weighing the possible outcomes and options, we decided to take the dog home (knowing in advance that she was likely pregnant) so that we could at LEAST be sure she was safe while we searched for her mom and dad.  We spent HOURS distributing flyers and notices and ads to every pet store, hospital, shelter, etc. in the area.   Didn't get a single call from a desperate owner trying to find his/her beloved sweet pet.   :evil:  

Sooo...on the morning of April 8th she graced us with a "bountiful" herd of youngsters who have since managed to consume more food than an elephant and "process" said food with VERY little grace or consideration for the kind, giving people offering shelter.  Here are a few photos so they can start introducing themselves.  Please feel free to make their acquaintance and schedule a potential adoptive visit.  The wife and I are praying to be able to find them homes within the next month or so, and knowing how many of the CAS family owns and loves dogs, I couldn't help but share the opportunity.  Please don't hesitate for even a SECOND if you are interested or know someone who might be....pass the word to your friends, family, colleages, the trees, stars and moon, the heavens, whatever and whoever you can think of.  We are obviously doing all of this out of pocket and out of our love for animals, but GOD the costs are adding up.   :eye:   They are already weaned, will be on solid food in less than a week, will have been vaccinated and fixed, and will be ready to leave the nest by Memorial Day.    :salut:  Oh yeah, and mom (Mia) is absolutely gorgeous, loving, and sweet, and will need a home too!  She looks like a mix of boxer and labrador with a beautiful brindle coloration w/white boots and a dark labrador's head According to the vet, She is not even two years old, yet this was already her second litter thanks to her irresponsible POS prior owners.  

Please PM if anyone is interested!

Ryan

1979 246 CCC

1987 Wellcraft 18 Fisherman

May 16, 2014, 12:14:42 PM
Reply #1

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: PUPPIES!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
Awesome Ryan! Ya'll are great folks that's for sure!!

I have a daughter in Miami, her boyfriend has a lot of buddies who may be candidates for a puppy :thumright:

Guys, lets do our best to help! :salut:

May 16, 2014, 12:15:32 PM
Reply #2

redemn93

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:15:32 PM »
if i didnt have 2 already id come get one.  momma dog is pretty.  wonder what the mix is with the pups.  good luck man.  and thank you for rescuing her and the pups.  our rescue dog is such a good dog.  cant imagine her being put down.  hopefully some guys step up and and start taking them.  whatever you do, dont put them up for free or too cheap on CL.  you dont want to know what happens to those dogs.
Jason.  1987 200 Osprey - almost done...for now

May 16, 2014, 01:06:18 PM
Reply #3

Georgie

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
Thanks guys.  Much appreciated.  

whatever you do, dont put them up for free or too cheap on CL. you dont want to know what happens to those dogs
 Tell me about it.    :shock:   I would LITERALLY  and PERSONALLY do diabolical things to anyone who used as a "bait dog" a puppy I worked so hard to raise  :evil:   We're sorta working through a rescue and will be charging adoption fees, but the fees are only to recoup some of the out of pocket and pay for vaccinations and fixing.  They'll be in the $100-150-ish range I imagine which is about what the Humane Society charges.
Ryan

1979 246 CCC

May 16, 2014, 03:03:10 PM
Reply #4

redemn93

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
thats perfect.  and itll keep the scum away.  momma is what pit/lab?  she's pretty.  best of luck with the pups.

May 20, 2014, 02:32:04 PM
Reply #5

Georgie

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »
Two down, eleven more to go!   :cheers:

Wonder if I shoulda posted this on the "Classifieds" forum instead of "Chum"  :lol:
Ryan

1979 246 CCC

May 21, 2014, 12:41:03 AM
Reply #6

bondobill

• Information Offline
  • West Coast
    • http://www.charliesautobodyinc.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 12:41:03 AM »
Damn fine looking batch of pups Ryan
And the mom is one pretty girl :thumleft:
They are cute altho I do feel sorry for you ...they grow up in a hurry

Bill
1979 222 FF

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill

Bill

May 21, 2014, 08:29:37 AM
Reply #7

Georgie

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 08:29:37 AM »
Thanks Bill!

Yup... Growing like weeds they are.  Six weeks today and the bigger ones are already 10 pounds!  :shock:   We were doing some research last night based on the feedback of a local vet, and it looks like "Daddy" (I use that term very loosely) was likely part or full blood American bulldog.  All the features match (i.e. the colorations and spots for sure, and some have more wrinkly skin/fur around their necks to go along with shorter snouts).  If appearances turn out to be even CLOSE to the truth, these boxer, lab, bulldog pups could be REALLY cool!!  Almost makes me want to consider keeping one, but we already have two and three's a crowd in a small South Florida home.   :( :?
Ryan

1979 246 CCC

May 21, 2014, 09:28:44 AM
Reply #8

redemn93

• Information Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 09:28:44 AM »
im in the exact same situation.  or else id have one by now.

May 29, 2014, 02:39:56 PM
Reply #9

Georgie

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
...and then there were ten!  Carli found herself a new home last night.  These fuzzy monsters are absolutely adorable!  Would love to keep one in the Classic Aquasport family.

http://facebook.com/dolfyn88
Ryan

1979 246 CCC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal