Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Is your neighbor watching you?  (Read 926 times)

July 09, 2013, 09:59:51 PM
Reply #15

John Jones

• Information Offline
Re: Is your neighbor watching you?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
A buddy of mine has a 4-rotor drone.  He has already installed a HD camera in place of the original camera.  He added some old RC model electronics to it and now he can fire 4 hobby rockets.  You have to be quick on the stick or a rocket launch flips it and it can't recover.  He has learned to tilt it just before launch to keep from crashing, most of the time.
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

July 10, 2013, 05:12:29 AM
Reply #16

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 05:12:29 AM »
Quote from: "John Jones"
A buddy of mine has a 4-rotor drone.  He has already installed a HD camera in place of the original camera.  He added some old RC model electronics to it and now he can fire 4 hobby rockets.  You have to be quick on the stick or a rocket launch flips it and it can't recover.  He has learned to tilt it just before launch to keep from crashing, most of the time.

When I was looking at youtube videos taken by hobby-type drones, there were vids of scale model jets. SR 71's, stealth bombers, all kinds of attack fighters....some of them were rigged to drop miniature bombs.

Ya'll check it out, its pretty wild. And money, wow, that's a hobby it seems could run into real money real quick :mrgreen:

July 10, 2013, 10:09:55 AM
Reply #17

icemanbryan

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »
Quote from: "gran398"
Quote from: "John Jones"

When I was looking at youtube videos taken by hobby-type drones, there were vids of scale model jets. SR 71's, stealth bombers, all kinds of attack fighters....some of them were rigged to drop miniature bombs.

Ya'll check it out, its pretty wild. And money, wow, that's a hobby it seems could run into real money real quick :mrgreen:

Scotty, my buddy flies a RC helicopter. He also has a inducted, like a turbine F18 model.
I think you could purchase a new car for what he has in those.
He has a funny saying, "no pockets on the coffin"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal