Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Fishing with skoot  (Read 548 times)

June 20, 2011, 02:17:39 PM
Read 548 times

slvrlng

• Information Offline
Fishing with skoot
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »
Made the trip south for a much needed vacation a couple of weeks ago. Took my son and wife to Disneyworld and had a great time! I haven't been in a long time and we got to ride all of the new rides. Star Tours is highly recommended as well as Soarin'.

I also got my picture taken with one of my heroes!

After Disney we drove over to St. Pete and got to see Skoot and family again. Such a nice bunch of people and the cutest kids you ever saw. Skoot took us all out on The Time Capsule on Saturday. We put in at Bellair at the new ramps under the bridge. Went out in the bay and skoot got us bunch of greenies with the cast net. We went out off the beach and anchored up over a artificial reef and started soaking baits. Bridget got a hit immediately by a 3 lb spanish. We got that one in the cooler and then skoot got taken to the house by something big. We also saw quite a few pods of tarpon but couldn't make them eat. We kept getting a few hits but the bite just wasn't right. So I tried to liven it up a bit with a trick I learned on the piers in the panhandle. I am telling you, I haven't found a more fun way of catching spanish than with a "bubble rig"! Every cast I would get at least 3 or 4 hits popping it back to the boat. On topwater! I had a lot of misses from some small ones but everytime I'd get it back to the boat there would be at least 5 or 6 following it. We ended up with 7 total, then it got too hot and no wind so we cruised back. Skoots's boat is in just amazing shape and I can't think of a nicer person to have as a friend! Thanks Scott! Next time I will have mine there as well.

Sunrise.

Lewis
       1983 222 Osprey "Slipaway"
       1973 19-6 "Emily Lynn"

June 20, 2011, 03:01:22 PM
Reply #1

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Fishing with skoot
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 03:01:22 PM »
Good stuff Lew...thanks for sharing the pics!

And you hit the money on Skoot...if everyone was more like him, the world would be a much better place.

Glad ya'll had a great time :thumright:

June 20, 2011, 07:02:28 PM
Reply #2

John Jones

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
:cheers:
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

June 20, 2011, 08:27:18 PM
Reply #3

Skoot

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »
Nice pics bro! Your right, That pic throwing the net is sweet.  I truly wish we would have caught a few more, but there's always next time.

Now, you need to get Eeyore a Classic Aquasport shirt in Ash gray, then you guys will really match. :lol:  :roll:

Cant wait to do it again soon bro.
Scott

1975 19-6 - 90hp Tohatsu

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal