Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Stern Mounted Livewells for 19-6  (Read 1428 times)

October 23, 2008, 09:04:05 AM
Read 1428 times

MarshMarlowe196

• Information Offline
    • http://www.keywestboatsforum.com
Stern Mounted Livewells for 19-6
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:04:05 AM »
Several years ago, my dad owned a 170 Aquasport with the stern mounted livewells, and I remember them being the best thing ever...

Did Aquasport ever make any stern mounted livewells for the 19'-6" ??  If not, would stern mounted livewells intended for the 170 work on a 19-6?  I want to add some kind of livewell to my boat as mine did not come with one and I'd rather not fool with any of the plumbing and pumping and what-not...

Anybody have any they would like to sell?

Thanks
Key West 1720 / Yam C90

Sold: 1973 Aquasport 19-6

January 12, 2009, 02:35:50 PM
Reply #1

MarshMarlowe196

• Information Offline
Re: WANTED Stern Mounted Livewells
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »
As it turns out, Aquasport did offer the stern mounted livewells for the 19-6 (I know this because luv2flycessna is lucky enough to have them on his 19-6).  

I believe they also offered these on the 170 and 22-2... Would stern mounted livewells from either of these Aquasports fit on a 19-6?  I'm thinking that some from a 22-2 should bolt right on flush; not sure about the 170 though...

If anyone has some (and I completely understand why you wouldn't want to part with them  :wink:  ) , would it be too much to ask for some dimensions?  I think I can make these myself...

I could always go with some plumbed fiberglass boxes in the stern, but I just love the lack of clutter back there.

Note:  if anyone does have a pair of these livewells, in any condition, I'd be willing to pay top dollar for them.

Thanks.
Key West 1720 / Yam C90

January 12, 2009, 04:55:50 PM
Reply #2

REELCLIMAX

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »
I made mine and it wasnt thet bad. Made the mold out of cardboard and cut  the cloth to match the sides,top and bottom.

January 12, 2009, 07:52:09 PM
Reply #3

luv2flycessna

• Information Offline
    • http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/luv2flycessna/
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:52:09 PM »
Quote from: "Badonquasport196"
As it turns out, Aquasport did offer the stern mounted livewells for the 19-6 (I know this because luv2flycessna is lucky enough to have them on his 19-6).  

I believe they also offered these on the 170 and 22-2... Would stern mounted livewells from either of these Aquasports fit on a 19-6?  I'm thinking that some from a 22-2 should bolt right on flush; not sure about the 170 though...

If anyone has some (and I completely understand why you wouldn't want to part with them  :wink:  ) , would it be too much to ask for some dimensions?  I think I can make these myself...

I could always go with some plumbed fiberglass boxes in the stern, but I just love the lack of clutter back there.

Note:  if anyone does have a pair of these livewells, in any condition, I'd be willing to pay top dollar for them.

Thanks.

I have One of mine off right now and will try and get the dimensions and a couple of pic's for ya. I Installed a pump inside One to keep water in it while sitting still but takes up alot of room inside, will be probaby try putting a transom mounted pump on and pump it in from there. Ok well let me see what I can do in the next couple of days, If I dont post the pics by Thursday someone please PM me to remind me. Thanx
luv2driveaquasport
\'74 19-6 \'86 Mercury BlackMax 150HP

January 13, 2009, 11:15:05 AM
Reply #4

slippery73

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:15:05 AM »
Why do you need a pump on it while sitting still? My brother has a early 70's hewes bonefisher with the transom wells and it keeps bait alive all day long with no pumps, we can leave white bait in overnight tied to the dock at my house and they are fine in the morning.  His box has a bunch of small holes drilled in the bottom of it at an angle to direct water into the wells while running then it acts like a bait bucket basically at rest. He has holes in the upper areas as well almost up to the water line drilled every 3-4 inches or so. Maybe you just need more holes in yours if bait is dyeing at rest.

I have One of mine off right now and will try and get the dimensions and a couple of pic's for ya. I Installed a pump inside One to keep water in it while sitting still but takes up alot of room inside, will be probaby try putting a transom mounted pump on and pump it in from there. Ok well let me see what I can do in the next couple of days, If I dont post the pics by Thursday someone please PM me to remind me. Thanx[/quote]

January 13, 2009, 11:46:04 AM
Reply #5

luv2flycessna

• Information Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 11:46:04 AM »
Quote from: "slippery73"
Why do you need a pump on it while sitting still? My brother has a early 70's hewes bonefisher with the transom wells and it keeps bait alive all day long with no pumps, we can leave white bait in overnight tied to the dock at my house and they are fine in the morning.  His box has a bunch of small holes drilled in the bottom of it at an angle to direct water into the wells while running then it acts like a bait bucket basically at rest. He has holes in the upper areas as well almost up to the water line drilled every 3-4 inches or so. Maybe you just need more holes in yours if bait is dyeing at rest.

While at rest there is not much water in them, Don't know if my boat does not sit as low in the water or not but I would say it only has about 4 inches if not less of water in it at rest, while I am under way yeah it fills up and comes out the holes at the upper side, I use live lady fish for bait during tarpon season and for shark fishing and the smaller baits for other fish but even with the smaller baits just is not enough water in there to hold them so I put a pump in there and can keep even lady fish alive for a long time, as long as they do not get stuck behind the pump. I have to paint the bait well and then re mount it and will see how much water is in in them for sure, But I just re did my deck with Honeycomb and is lighter now (all the water logged plywood is gone and it was soaking wet) so may be even less now. We will see.

I will take pics of the baitwells with a tape measure next to each side to show dimensions if anyone is interested. send me a P.M. if anyone would like the measurements.
luv2driveaquasport

January 13, 2009, 04:30:00 PM
Reply #6

slippery73

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
Yea, when my brother first got his boat I didn't think that they would hold enough water as the hewes drafts about 10-12 " loaded but thats at the keel, with the stern wells mounted off each side of the transom it leaves considerably less water in them but I had a 26" red and a 23" red in the starboard side and two nice sheepshead in the port side about a week or so ago and they stayed frisky all day long. Makes it interesting trying to grab them out at the end of the day. I think maybe you just need some more holes in your boxes to let more fresh water in them. Take some pics of them.

January 13, 2009, 09:04:22 PM
Reply #7

MarshMarlowe196

• Information Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »
Quote from: "REELCLIMAX"
I made mine and it wasnt thet bad. Made the mold out of cardboard and cut  the cloth to match the sides,top and bottom.

Looks nice.  Are they flush with the deadrise of the hull like the originals??
Key West 1720 / Yam C90

January 18, 2009, 09:02:09 PM
Reply #8

REELCLIMAX

• Information Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »
Yes I designed it to the contour of the boat bottom. It kicks up a little water but I just trim it a little to keep it off the motor. It works great on keeping the bait alive all day.

January 24, 2009, 01:34:13 PM
Reply #9

goingdeep

• Information Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »
Where are you located ?? Mike Martin of Martin Boats is a Great pearson to deal with .He wil help you build ANY THING YOU NEED UOT OF FIBERGLASS.  AND A GREAT PEARSON TO DO YOUR REBUILDS TO. cHECK HIS SITE  www.martinboatsmfg.com. :lol:

January 24, 2009, 02:20:08 PM
Reply #10

luv2flycessna

• Information Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »
Here is a link to my photobucket page with pics of stern mounted livewell with Pics of measurements if you need anymore info let me know and I will try to provide it, The top is approx. 16" square.

http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/luv2flycessna/
luv2driveaquasport

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal