Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Needed: 1988 Aquasport 222 CCP manuals  (Read 942 times)

November 13, 2008, 05:50:44 PM
Read 942 times

fseymour

• Information Offline
Needed: 1988 Aquasport 222 CCP manuals
« on: November 13, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »
I just inherited a 1988 222 CCP from my father in law.  Great boat, in pretty good shape, but needs some work before things get out of hand.  Anyone know how I can get a copy of an owners manual?  Electrical diagram?  Anything along these lines?  No paperwork came with the boat.  Thanks!

November 13, 2008, 08:56:59 PM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: Needed: 1988 Aquasport 222 CCP manuals
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »
Quote from: "fseymour"
I just inherited a 1988 222 CCP from my father in law.  Great boat, in pretty good shape, but needs some work before things get out of hand.  Anyone know how I can get a copy of an owners manual?  Electrical diagram?  Anything along these lines?  No paperwork came with the boat.  Thanks!

Congrats on the CCP :D

Unfortunately, what you seek is not really available. You're not the first to inquire but I think that you'll find that this site has about the best collection of what documentation really existed.

I have never seen an owner's manual. I bought my 86 Ospery new from Bob Hewes in Miami and I never received anything more than the sales brochure.

Things like wiring are fairly (to me anyway) straight forward. I replaced every wire except the two running to the bow nav light without any diagram. I guess what I'm saying is you just have to go it on your own.

This Forum is a tremendous source of boating information in general and Aquasports in specific. State your problem and someone has already dealt with it and can give the proper advice and direction. Take a quick glance in the chum section. Most of what you see are " brand new" old AS rebuilds. I have no doubt they look a hell of a lot (if that's possible) better in person.

So post up some pics of your craft and asked any question you want. Unlike other forums I'm a member of, these group will answer (and enjoy it!) the same questions posted over and over. That's why these rebuilds look so good. :wink:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

November 14, 2008, 03:54:17 PM
Reply #2

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
Elec Diagram?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:54:17 PM »
I'm not sure an Aquasport electrical diagram would help much, as I have never seen 2 wired quite the same!   :roll:

It seems each boat builder/owner/rigger had their own ideas about where and how wires should run.  I'm not sure Aquasport ever quite got the the mass production mode with pre-built wiring harnesses and such.  

The good news about the CCP is there are a lot of spaces and places to run wiring, so you can replace or add as needed.  

Welcome to the site - post some pics and ask any questions you've got.  Your CCP can be whatever you are willing to make it - good luck!!
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"
ClassicAquasport Member #209

November 14, 2008, 06:49:02 PM
Reply #3

fseymour

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 06:49:02 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I was afraid there were no manuals after scouring the internet.....thought I'd ask anyway.  Your comments on the electrical make sense as well.  I'm sure I can figure it out, but it's nice to have a solid forum to back me up.  I'll post some pics soon.  Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal