Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Seeking Myrtle Beach Area Fishing Advice for March/April  (Read 296 times)

October 03, 2014, 02:35:40 PM
Read 296 times

daniel123

• Information Offline
Seeking Myrtle Beach Area Fishing Advice for March/April
« on: October 03, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »
I just learned our annual Spring Break fishing trip from Ohio to Florida with the Osprey 200 in tow is being detoured to Myrtle Beach this year so my 15-year-old can attend a mandatory high school baseball camp. I'm looking for any fishing information or advice for late March/early April that might convince me (and more-so the wife...) to take the Aquasport along for the week. 'Anyone familiar with the area -- and the angling opps for that time of year?

October 03, 2014, 03:59:06 PM
Reply #1

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Seeking Myrtle Beach Area Fishing Advice for March/April
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 03:59:06 PM »
Hi Daniel,

Can't offer good news.

Myrtle Beach is a beach with a ditch behind it...the Intracoastal Waterway (ICW). A man-made ditch (canal) through the pine trees. So no sound, no marsh, no estuaries.

The north end near Calabash and Little River offers good fishing, as does the south end around Garden City/Murrells Inlet. They are about 50 miles or more apart.

Another downer that time of the year is water temp...will still be in the mid to upper sixties, well off the magic 70 degree mark when the flounder and drum begin to show in decent numbers.

So...save the gas early next spring, wait another six weeks...and come down this way. But for fishing, not MB.

Hope this helps :salut:

October 03, 2014, 05:43:21 PM
Reply #2

daniel123

• Information Offline
Re: Seeking Myrtle Beach Area Fishing Advice for March/April
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
Darn. I thought that might be the case -- but when I went to fishmyrtlebeach.com and saw some March redfish catches posted (fishmyrtlebeach.com/blog/index.cfm/Backwater-SC-fishing) out of the Little River, it got me to thinking it might be worth it to tow the boat...and we do ok on reds down Capt. Matt's way, off Pine Island, so we sort of know the routine. Oh well.

Thanks again for the advice (as you've provided in the past, Gran)!  

Dan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal