Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics

Check Valve Scuppers

(1/3) > >>

umecheme:
Anybody have any positive/negative comments on check valve type scuppers?

RickK:
I don't know. I would think that an inline scupper is something special that needs to be designed into your rebuild. As you can imagine, or already know, scuppers get all kinds of stuff in them that can plug them up - fishing weights, hooks, baitfish, small sticks, leaves and foliage. I would be afraid of these check valves getting plugged and getting damaged as you clear out the debris.  Read the review here https://www.westmarine.com/buy/t-h-marine--1-1-2-double-barbed-in-line-scupper-check-valve--P015921042

Being that they are barbed on both ends that implies that you'll be attaching a hose to both ends or at least one.

umecheme:

I was thinking about something like this.  Basically your normal stainless scupper, but with a flap in it to keep water from coming in when you're backing down. If you search for Attwood Through Transom Scupper Valve you'll see what I'm looking at.

mshugg:
I had these on my Hydrasport.  They performed flawlessly.  The only downside is that the hoses require inspection and maintenance and it can be difficult to design adequate access.

RickK:
Which did you have Michael - the inline from TH marine or the Attwood one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version