Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Trolling Motors and Kickers

Minn kota quick release bracket questions and install '79 170

(1/2) > >>

alandry100:
So I finally caved and picked up a 80lb 60" Terrova and am in the process of installing.

My question is in the install of the quick release bracket. The bow area is not flat so I will need to shim somehow. I know many have done this but I have not seen photos or descriptions of what others have done.

I will post pictures of the situation when I get home.

Aaron

Capt. Bob:
Here's a pic.

https://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=11773.msg135338#msg135338

alandry100:
Thanks for the response - I am using the RTA 17 bracket. I am going to try to avoid fabrication if possible. I am waffling between nylon and neoprene fender washer shims. Wondering what other folks have used to level out. I think I will need to raise the whole puck up a few mm's as the very bow of the boat forward of the old nav light is the highest point on mine. I need to raise the whole thing to clear. At that point the piece that is mounted on the motor will be lifted off the deck. Is this a problem? I'm thinking not as I have seen some motors that are more or less supported by only the puck.

RickK:
I planned the same removable mount on my rebuild and added reinforcement on the front cap deck for mounting it. I have don't have the nads to pay $3k+ for the trolling motor that I desire. I have the install placement ready and the power already run to it, if I decide to buy.

alandry100:
That’s some amazing foresight. I’m going to hope the core holds. I picked up a bunch of neoprene washers. Will level with those and sandwich with 4000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version