Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Southeast Aquasport Octoberfest!  (Read 10952 times)

October 17, 2011, 11:37:41 AM
Reply #135

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
Re: Southeast Aquasport Octoberfest!
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »
Quote from: "Circle Hooked"
Quote from: "GoneFission"
Quote from: "Circle Hooked"
Looks like a great time was had by everyone  but slipaway.

That's the Hula Girl Award - you had to be there to get the full effect - and Margaritas also help.    :drunken:

They always do :lol:

Scott said his head was just fine on Sunday - but then he does not wake up until 10 or so...    :roll:  

It was a great weekend - Lewis's steering problems are no big deal - that boat is sweeeeeeet!  :salut:
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"
ClassicAquasport Member #209

October 17, 2011, 12:19:44 PM
Reply #136

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »
That is just so hurtful, and blatantly false :lol:

Lew got me up at the crack o' dawn....8:30!

If you look at that pitcher of "life of the party" margaritas...by the time Lew and I finished up...there was nary a drop. VERY tasty! Thanks CJ :thumright:

October 17, 2011, 02:37:22 PM
Reply #137

Boatdood

• Information Offline
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »
I walked into the house on Folly meeting the folks there in person for the fist time. What immediately struck me was that no one looked the way I expected. It's great to actually see on line people in person. Then I noticed that the house had been decorated, and whoever did it really knocked themselves out. Everything was fishy and created a real party atmosphere. The food that was ready had been laid out to be most appetizing and it worked. I was getting hungry just looking. Bridget was busily preparing the main courses in the kitchen and obviously had things well in hand.

The house couldn't have been better for the purpose. The open great room and kitchen combo really made for a spacious yet cozy atmosphere, and all the bedrooms leading into the main room was an efficient use of space. The only drawback was parking but that's Folly Beach for you.

The evening was great with many interesting conversations with some really nice people. Everyone was more than anxious to make me and my wife both feel welcome. One conversation stood out as particularly interesting though with Bridget. She asked pointed questions regarding fuel and fuel additives, asked what if anything could restore fuel, what could get the water out, and what could protect the fuel the best. We even discussed octane and how it relates to performance and engine types. There's a lot more to that lady than a pretty face and a good cook. Lewis, you are a lucky man buddy.

Nothing could beat the next day though when I got a long overdue opportunity to spend the day with one of my favorite fishing buddies, Jessie, and of course Jessie's girl. Guys, eat your heart out, Paige is a true pleasure to be around. She baits her own hook too.  We all spent a lot of time talking about the event and how well it turned out. I wondered to him how we could expand on this type event with other owners. Bottom line we all came to the conclusion, what made this particular event the enjoyable success it was had nothing to do with the boats, it was all about the people in them. Those beautiful old Aquasports wer simply the vehicles that brought us all together.

Thanks,

October 17, 2011, 05:36:51 PM
Reply #138

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2011, 05:36:51 PM »
Quote from: "Boatdood"
 We all spent a lot of time talking about the event and how well it turned out. I wondered to him how we could expand on this type event with other owners. Bottom line we all came to the conclusion, what made this particular event the enjoyable success it was had nothing to do with the boats, it was all about the people in them. Those beautiful old Aquasports wer simply the vehicles that brought us all together.

Thanks,

Amen, Bro!   :salut:
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"

October 17, 2011, 06:15:13 PM
Reply #139

SC170nFL

• Information Offline
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
Quote from: "Boatdood"
I walked into the house on Folly meeting the folks there in person for the fist time. What immediately struck me was that no one looked the way I expected. It's great to actually see on line people in person. Then I noticed that the house had been decorated, and whoever did it really knocked themselves out. Everything was fishy and created a real party atmosphere. The food that was ready had been laid out to be most appetizing and it worked. I was getting hungry just looking. Bridget was busily preparing the main courses in the kitchen and obviously had things well in hand.

The house couldn't have been better for the purpose. The open great room and kitchen combo really made for a spacious yet cozy atmosphere, and all the bedrooms leading into the main room was an efficient use of space. The only drawback was parking but that's Folly Beach for you.

The evening was great with many interesting conversations with some really nice people. Everyone was more than anxious to make me and my wife both feel welcome. One conversation stood out as particularly interesting though with Bridget. She asked pointed questions regarding fuel and fuel additives, asked what if anything could restore fuel, what could get the water out, and what could protect the fuel the best. We even discussed octane and how it relates to performance and engine types. There's a lot more to that lady than a pretty face and a good cook. Lewis, you are a lucky man buddy.

Nothing could beat the next day though when I got a long overdue opportunity to spend the day with one of my favorite fishing buddies, Jessie, and of course Jessie's girl. Guys, eat your heart out, Paige is a true pleasure to be around. She baits her own hook too.  We all spent a lot of time talking about the event and how well it turned out. I wondered to him how we could expand on this type event with other owners. Bottom line we all came to the conclusion, what made this particular event the enjoyable success it was had nothing to do with the boats, it was all about the people in them. Those beautiful old Aquasports wer simply the vehicles that brought us all together.

Thanks,
I second that
Johnmy 222my 170
Member # 1013

October 18, 2011, 08:06:16 AM
Reply #140

jdupree

• Information Offline
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2011, 08:06:16 AM »
Glad you guys had a fun and safe trip!
John L. Dupree, III
1999 Aquasport 245 Explorer - 225 Johnson Ocean Pro
AQABLA84E999
Member #257

October 18, 2011, 09:20:38 AM
Reply #141

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
Ya know, some of us knuckle-dragger boat guys are not so great in the spelling department!   :oops:

However, I now have it confirmed - the name of our fine hostess and food wizard is Bridget!   :cheers:

And again, kudos and thanks to Bridget and Lewis for all they did to make the weekend come together!   :thumleft:
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"

October 18, 2011, 10:51:26 AM
Reply #142

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »
I knew that :lol:

Proof positive that multitudinous amounts of tequila are good for you :lol:

But again, and most importantly...Bridget, you are superb, and thank you again for the beautiful decorations, great meals, and terrific weekend.

Boatdood...good stuff, you hit the nail on the head :salut:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal