You reached the limit of pages to see for today

General Aquasport Forums > Electronics

Ipod as Stereo System?

(1/2) > >>

Mr. Osprey:
Would an Ipod make a suitable radio system?

For speakers I would get small speakers made by Ipod to mount on the console. (Probabaly surround them in marine plywood by making mini boxes to hold/protect them.) Has anyone done this before? Do they make a regular speaker fit to attach to an Ipod?

A couple of people have spoke of doing/done this on there whalers over on CW. Really like the idea of being able to remove ipod unit from boat totally to use on land and so it can't be stolen (off boat.)

What do you all think?

T-Ed:
I use my iPod with a battery powered Altec Lansing InMotion speaker system/base. The InMotion system usually lives on my desktop at work but it likes going fishing on the weekends. I use Velcro to fasten the unit to the console securely while aboard.
I have yet to create a marine playlist, though.

Cheers.

RickK:
I guess the question I have is, when the music is playing does the vibration (music) get transmitted into the water via the hull and if so, when fishing does it scare away fish?  I have this vision of what I hear at traffic lights  :roll:
If just cruising, doesn't apply.

T-Ed:
Hmm...I wonder what kind of music might tickle a fish's lateral line and get it to strike at my lures... another thing to experiment with.

CajunSportsman:
Just install a marine amplifier and run a plug to your iPod headphone jack.  Sounds GREAT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version