Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics / Re: 1973 196 rebuild question
« Last post by RickK on Today at 06:05:00 AM »
The boat was created in 3 parts - the hull, the stringer/bottom liner piece and the liner/cap. The stringers were created out of the boat and then bonded into the hull. The liner was created out of the boat and then bonded to the stringers and sometimes, hull sides. On my 170, the cap was part of the liner. The liner sides were not bonded to the hull sides. The cap being screwed to the top of the hull sides was the attachment point for the liner sides and cap.

Now might be the time to create a detailed drawing of the hull and the stringer placement, string height and width, top and bottom. Lay a 2x4 or 1x2 across the top of the hull sides and get all your measurements from the bottom of the piece you lay across the hull to the top of everything, like the floor, top of stringers, bottom of stringers, both sides, fuel tank area. Get those measurements starting, for example, at the starboard rear and work toward the port side. Work from the rear toward the front and get measurements every foot or so. This drawing will become very valuable to you as you need to reference back to how things were or the width of the stringers at the top at this particular spot, like where you want to attach a t-top or a leaning post, etc.

You also might consider fastening a 2x or 1x2 across the top of the hull to keep its shape.  I screwed small pieces of 1x2 to the outside of the hull at the top and then screwed the 1x2 I used to keep the hull shape to the top edge of the 1x2 I attached to the hullside.
« Last post by Ulysses485 on May 04, 2024, 06:28:00 PM »
Nice work. Personally, removing the casting deck and liner as one piece would save you a lot of work and give you an opportunity to get all the structural work done to stringers as necessary. However, it depends what deck height you plan to go with.
Osprey Style Hull Rebuilds / Osprey 175 Fuel Sender Length
« Last post by RSB on May 04, 2024, 05:36:41 PM »
What is the length of the fuel tank sender on a 2000 175 Center Console?
« Last post by Duffy1470 on May 04, 2024, 04:48:33 PM »

itchy
« Last post by Duffy1470 on May 04, 2024, 04:45:48 PM »

more pics.  transom skin looks like swiss cheese
« Last post by Duffy1470 on May 04, 2024, 04:44:22 PM »

« Last post by Duffy1470 on May 04, 2024, 04:42:37 PM »

The outside joint of both stringers delaminated 1/4 to a 1/3 of the way towards the bow.  Do I have any worries of the hull twisting, etc.?  Also, I assume the order of rebuild is:
1. pull deck
2. pull cap
3. remove old transom from inside
4. redo stringers to keep hull form true
5. redo transom
6. attach stringers to transom

Thanks for everything All...... Duffy1470
Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics / Re: Fish Box Hatches
« Last post by plugger on May 04, 2024, 07:57:39 AM »
I might have mentioned this in another post some time ago, I remember that I was looking through a large selection of hatch’s @ marine connection . This was a few years back.
Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics / Re: Fish Box Hatches
« Last post by RickK on May 03, 2024, 02:32:50 PM »
Can you post a pic of them? Is it something that can be recored or are they plastic?

If you want to post a pic when you talk about your boat, which you should, follow the instructions here http://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=12725.0  - don't attach them - you are limited by file size and guessing what size to make the file will usually reduce the pic too much. Uploading them into your "member gallery" is better for viewing and the system takes whatever size you upload and resizes it to the best size.
Spend a few minutes to absorb the instructions. It's really easy. Remember if using a phone to take pics, to hold the phone horizontal with the lens to the left.
Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics / Fish Box Hatches
« Last post by dmaitz on May 03, 2024, 12:30:08 PM »
Hello I have a 1998 215 DC it has two fish boxes in the rear and one between the consoles.  Two of the fish box hatches and soft when you walk on them.  Does anyone know where I could buy new ones?  Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal