Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > 191 Rebuilds

Aquasport 19-1 Osprey rebuild begins

(1/10) > >>

Defender:
Hi everyone so the weather in PA has turn cold I mean freezing cold todays high 13 degrees so I have torn the floor and the foam that is not in the stringers out of the boat.  Luckly she fits in my heated garage.

Know the fun begins I removed some samples of foam out of the hole they used to fill the stringers and found between 1/2 and 1 inch of complete water saturation and all the foam to be damp any advise on drying the foam or full removal of the foam. Recomedations for replacement foam, would you foam the whole underdeck Aquasport only foamed the stringers and 2 of the 4 center sections and non of the outer sections.

Second question the floor was only 3/8" thick exet for the casting platform was 1/2" stay should I go to half inch all around and syn core recomendations

Third gas tank above or below deck

Thanks for the help I sure I will need lots of suport

gran398:
We welcome you here Defender!  Thanks for your membership.

Cut off the very tops of the stringers in a workmanlike fashion with regard to the rebuild to come. Dig out ALL of the wet foam. Allow the stringers to dry thoroughly at this point. Get the inside of the stringers clean and dry. Leave her inside.

What year is she?

Your current floor is 1/2 inch plywood, glassed both sides. You will receive good advice on replacement.

Your new tank will go beneath the floor, between the stringers. Here too you will also receive good advice.

Welcome!

Defender:
Well got all the foam out of the stringers tomorrow I need to fix a few spots in the stringers anyone have sugestion or the type of foam to use.

gran398:
Four to six pound density closed-cell pourable foam should work nicely. Watch it tho...a little goes a long way.

Try and get her pretty level before the pour :thumright:

Defender:
Here are some pictures of my 19-1 rebuild

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version