Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: 1987 22-2 Ospery re-power  (Read 7063 times)

October 01, 2013, 10:11:15 PM
Reply #90

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: 1987 22-2 Ospery re-power
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »
I agree with you both...that is, run her at present as she is now. You're getting 29.9 knots. Basically 35 mph WOT.

Mine at sea trial got 38 point something mph WOT on the GPS (minimum gas loaded)  but wouldn't break 40. She has slowed down as we've added more stuff....BBQ grills, hot tubs, chicken fryers, etc.  :mrgreen:

Bottom line, the best cruise on our boats is loping along at 27-29 mph. That will hold true with a new 150-175 four stroke.
Around 28.5 mph is the sweet spot for 22-2 economical cruise.

These hulls aren't speed demons, even on flat water. Run her as she is for awhile. The props running a little deeper...."It ain't bad" as the boys say.

In turns, they won't blow out...a plus.

If you want to, next spring....fab the extra five inches as a stop. It will be relatively inexpensive. After visiting Miss D tonight, I still believe that your 20 inch engines with new holes will bite to original transom.

Getting exact placement upwards of bottom center is imperative, especially on a rebuild later. And....as we mentioned a while back... with twins, sweet props will make a big difference, icing on the cake :thumright:

You've done a great job and spent good money. This last little bit...and trust me, I know from experience, its frustrating....will be worth it many times over down the road.

Good work...keep us posted :salut:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal