You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Ballpark Cost of a Boat Restore  (Read 5240 times)

October 28, 2011, 07:51:01 AM
Reply #15

fitz73222

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
    • http://www.hudson-technologies.com/.
Re: Ballpark Cost of a Boat Restore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 07:51:01 AM »
Quote from: "gata119"
Thank you Group for the reply.  As I have no knowledge of boat restoration, these are all great things that I need to hear.  It also reminds me that I really need to find a builder who knows what they are doing and, most of all, is willing to do things right.

Hey gata,

You have two PM's sitting in your inbox for the answers you seek!
1973 Aquasport 22-2, twin 115 Mercs
2000 Baycraft 175 flats boat, 60 Bigfoot Merc
1968 Boston Whaler 13, 25 Yamaha (project)
1966 Orlando Clipper 13, 9.9 Merc

October 28, 2011, 04:40:55 PM
Reply #16

gata119

• Information Offline
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
Charlie- I definitely agree with what you are saying.  Ultimately, you will never get the same amount of money back that you put into a rebuilt boat.  And, I wish I had some knowledge in fiberglass and boat construction because I would definitely take this on myself.  I hope to keep this boat a very long time, so the investment will, hopefully, be worth it.  Also, like you said, the 240 versus the 222 is quite nice.  I don't think I can find a brand new 24' boat, of this style, for what I will have total into the boat when it is all said and done.  At least if my rebuild budget is followed.  I am learning real quick, though, that it would have probably been cheaper to just find a 222 for sale that was already redone.  Then again, I wouldn't have all that extra room that the 240 offers.  Also, it seems like there is more pride in owning a classic rather than a brand new one.  A buddy of mine just bought one of the Aeon boats that you are talking about.  I haven't been able to go see it yet, but I need to.

Fitz - I got your messages.  I'm extremely thankful!!!!  I haven't called yet, but I will when the time comes.  I hope your reference turns out well.  

Flatbackman - If you could post, or pm me, with pics and info of all you had done to your boat, that would be awesome.  I'm sure everyone would rather you post instead of pm me, though.  

Thanks for all the replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1971 Aquasport 240

October 28, 2011, 05:41:31 PM
Reply #17

Capt Matt

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
    • http://www.captmattmitchell.com
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 05:41:31 PM »
Gata
Drop me a PM if you want a exact number on what I have into my rebuild. It kind of ran away with me at the end, Would I trade my boat for a new aeon or dorado which is more money than my rebuild cost, no way! She is exactly how I wanted her and suits my daily needs better than any production boat ever could and if there is a problem with any of the systems I have first hand knowledge of how the boat was put together.
Capt Matt
www.captmattmitchell.com
Light tackle sportfishing

November 13, 2011, 07:23:14 PM
Reply #18

Flatback Man

• Information Offline
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 07:23:14 PM »
Check out new project boat under aquasport discussion. I will post more this week if you want to see them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal