Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Cafe Aquasport

Jack Cravelle...would you eat it?

(1/5) > >>

seabob4:
That is, if you weren't starving?  Saw this thread on THT...http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishin ... -fare.html

All of us FL boys have caught at least 1,000,000 jack cravelle EACH over our fishing lifetimes, it never has occurred to me to try and eat one...so would you guys?

Maggie loves smoked mullet, and I love sting ray meat sauteed in butter, so it's not like we are averse to "different" fishes (I know, LOT'S of people like smoked mullet).  But jacks?  Nah, I don't think so...

MarshMarlowe196:
Jacks are like Unicorns around here. I had one next to the boat when I was 9, and it got off the line. If I was ever lucky enough to catch one, I'd eat it as part of the celebration.

wingtime:
I wonder if you brining  it or soaking it in milk would help the strong flavor?

seabob4:
Jessie, if you get to move down here, you will quickly lose the unicorn reference to one of our most populous fishes.  I didn't say popular, just populous...

Bruce, I haven't a clue.  Milk would probably help...couldn't hurt!

Capt. Bob:
Cut out the blood line.

I have have ate them. Can't speak for transplants. Not bad really if you like fish.

Mackerel again is like eating an oily rag. Love it though. Maybe that's why a JC isn't off my table.

Each his own. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version