Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Switch Panel Wiring Seabob4 !!!  (Read 725 times)

March 25, 2012, 06:21:06 PM
Read 725 times

kraw2

• Information Offline
Switch Panel Wiring Seabob4 !!!
« on: March 25, 2012, 06:21:06 PM »
Hello Bob,

Do you have any schematics on switch wiring with Contura switches? I am making a panel and the switches I have are Contura with lighted indicator lense.

I am comfortable with making the panel instead of buying one but with schematics I can double check everything. It's tough getting old and half blind..!! I'll be 58 this year..!! Woo Hoo..!!

With the DPDT for the Nav lights which switched leg would be used to power the other switches indicator lights? Do you ever use stacked or piggy back connectors for jumping from switch to switch? I have been using single female spade heat shrink connectors and doubling the wire.

Thank you for you're continued support on all the forums. It takes allot of time helping people and doing what you do.

You can also email me at krawson81@mediacombb.net

Keith Rawson
Gulf Breeze, FL

March 25, 2012, 10:12:45 PM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: Switch Panel Wiring Seabob4 !!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 10:12:45 PM »
Kieth,
Answering your PM in this post.  Conturas are easy to wire.  The center terminal is the feed to the switch, the bottom terminal feeds the appliance (pump, light, whatever).  These are SPST switches, or single pole, single throw.  In the case of a SPDT, or single pole, double throw, you can run two appliances from the same switch, but only one at a time.  They are more commonly known as on/off/on.  You can wire nav lights and your anchor light off a SPDT switch, but you need a diode.  DPDT switches eliminate the need for a diode via internal circuitry.

See if these drawings help...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

March 27, 2012, 09:27:33 PM
Reply #2

Mark Sr

• Information Offline
Re: Switch Panel Wiring Seabob4 !!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
Great job as always Bob!!
Mark Sr

\'98 Aquasport 245 Tournament Master

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal