Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: A Bad Omen  (Read 593 times)

August 27, 2011, 09:48:35 PM
Read 593 times

DeepTrouble

• Information Offline
    • Http://Www.fishtankservice.com
A Bad Omen
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »
My first "test launch" of my boat, before my "light resto" begins,...was pretty dismal. I had some throttle trouble, stalling...lost several rigs while fishing (i fished for about an hour just to get my poles wet). I also received a nasty bee sting about 200 yards from shore, which I thought was just weird, since I have been boating since a child and never received a bee sting out on the water. Anybody consider this a bad omen? Does anyone remember their "First" trip out with their 'sport?
You all know me...you know how I earn a livin\'

1970 Aquasport Custom 170

August 27, 2011, 09:57:02 PM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: A Bad Omen
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 09:57:02 PM »
Quote from: "DeepTrouble"
My first "test launch" of my boat, before my "light resto" begins,...was pretty dismal. I had some throttle trouble, stalling...lost several rigs while fishing (i fished for about an hour just to get my poles wet). I also received a nasty bee sting about 200 yards from shore, which I thought was just weird, since I have been boating since a child and never received a bee sting out on the water. Anybody consider this a bad omen? Does anyone remember their "First" trip out with their 'sport?

No bananas...and sometimes those bees just have it in for you.  Attitude problem, I think...theirs, not yours!

Was walking out of the porch a while ago, bee came down and nailed me in the ear!  You know how sensitive ears are!  And what the hell did I ever do to that damn bee? :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

August 27, 2011, 10:03:34 PM
Reply #2

pete

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »
that first trip out is always likely to make your "light resto"list a little longer,get used to it,open wallet,remove credit card,begin the long journey of boat ownership,welcome brother :salut:
2003  Osprey 225
Palm Bay FL

August 27, 2011, 11:48:40 PM
Reply #3

DeepTrouble

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:40 PM »
Anybody got any coupons for gas? :lol:

August 29, 2011, 07:13:58 PM
Reply #4

imonna 19 6

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:13:58 PM »
well Deep,

My first trip out resulted in a bilge full of gas due to a ripped off sender unit by PO's inability to strap down, the undersized tank, and a very slow crawl back to the ramp with fire extinguisher in hand. Second trip out resulted in a carb rebuilds; third was a nice bluefish; 4th was a blown stator and a busted throttle, 5th through 10th where some goooood fishing, 11th was a new power pack and so on.  

Having said all that i love that damn boat :scratch: and am hoping to hit the sound Friday for some fall action.

Old boats have probs, but so do new boats and at least ours have style.
Bill

1979 19\'6" with a 99 Johnson 100  

"Pull the Plug"

Northern CT

August 29, 2011, 10:08:56 PM
Reply #5

DeepTrouble

• Information Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:08:56 PM »
Quote from: "imonna 19 6"
well Deep,

My first trip out resulted in a bilge full of gas due to a ripped off sender unit by PO's inability to strap down, the undersized tank, and a very slow crawl back to the ramp with fire extinguisher in hand. Second trip out resulted in a carb rebuilds; third was a nice bluefish; 4th was a blown stator and a busted throttle, 5th through 10th where some goooood fishing, 11th was a new power pack and so on.  

Having said all that i love that damn boat :scratch: and am hoping to hit the sound Friday for some fall action.

Old boats have probs, but so do new boats and at least ours have style.

Ouch, that must have been fun...and thank you for reminding me to get the fire extinguisher...I also plan on hitten the sound this weekend...missed out this weekend because of Irene...so I'll have to wake up extra early :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal