Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: '75 222 Need Some Help-Porta Bracket, Trim Tabs, Steering  (Read 583 times)

February 08, 2019, 09:29:20 PM
Read 583 times

rackemup

• Information Offline
'75 222 Need Some Help-Porta Bracket, Trim Tabs, Steering
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:29:20 PM »
she's fixing to come out of the fiberglass shop and I'm having to get all my ducks in a row. So far, I went with a porta bracket. First question is, and bear with me as this is my first time doing a complete rebuild, when they ask for a footage of wiring harness, is that wiring harness solely for the bracket? I'll have a dual station set up.

Secondly, I'll need to put trim tabs on; any recommendation on which ones to get? I know Lenco are the popular ones, but as far as size or anything of that nature?

Also, I'll be mounting a Zuke 200 on the bracket and will need to run steering; which system do y'all recommend?

Like I said, I apologize for my ignorance on the subject matter. I've never had to "re-rig" a boat completely so I'm not entirely sure on the best way to go about things. Any help is greatly appreciated!

February 08, 2019, 09:31:46 PM
Reply #1

rackemup

• Information Offline
Re: '75 222 Need Some Help-Porta Bracket, Trim Tabs, Steering
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:31:46 PM »
I might add that my fiberglass guy added a 4" PVC running from the back wall, under the deck and coming up inside the console so for ease of rigging, I'm trying to keep things as neat as possible.

February 10, 2019, 04:55:18 PM
Reply #2

dirtwheelsfl

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
Re: '75 222 Need Some Help-Porta Bracket, Trim Tabs, Steering
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 04:55:18 PM »
The bracket "harness" needs to run from wherever you decide to mount the pump, to wherever you decide to put the switch to operate it.

The new electric Bennett bolt tabs are sweet, a 9x12 or 12x12 size will be fine. The Bennett hydraulic systems are bulletproof. Lenco customer support sucks, and theyre noisy!

Seastar 1.7 helms are a pretty standard setup. UFlex makes nice stuff too just not as popular.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal