You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 1975 Aquasport 22-2 Rebuild_PWH70  (Read 1310 times)

March 28, 2024, 08:43:30 AM
Reply #30

pwh70

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Re: 1975 Aquasport 22-2 Rebuild_PWH70
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2024, 08:43:30 AM »
I love the leaning post, Did someone local make that? please keep the progress reports coming!
Larro

Thanks, Larro - Yes, the leaning post was made locally (Eliot, ME), Bouchard Marine Fabrications. Jared is great to work with. 
I got rid of the bulky fiberglass leaning post/livewell in favor of this one. He did a great job with it. It's sized for a slide-out cooler underneath. A slightly smaller livewell will be moved back to the closed-in transom area.

Meanwhile, I did find a photo with a slightly better view of the stringer area you were asking about.. from back when I was fitting deck pieces.

Thanks for looking, Paul

March 30, 2024, 07:22:08 AM
Reply #31

larro

• Information Offline
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2024, 07:22:08 AM »
Paul, thanks for the lead on the leaning post, the guy does quality work for sure! your project is looking great!
Larro

April 02, 2024, 12:54:32 PM
Reply #32

pwh70

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2024, 12:54:32 PM »
It was arts and crafts day in Aquasport town...

Working on a mockup of the transom cabinet that will surround the livewell... this has been through a few versions, currently intending to mold a seat on either side, with storage underneath and access to the fuel separator and some plumbing behind everything. This is pretty boxy right now, things will be molded more smoothly when it's finalized.
The seats are a political move. They do occupy a bit of space back there, but since there has been very little pushback to the amount of time and money currently being dumped into this upgrade... I figured the finished product should have some improvement in comfort for my wife and friends for those evening sunset cruises.  :040:

I set the console and leaning post in place just to confirm the amount of space that will be available.

Thanks for looking - Paul

April 03, 2024, 06:19:01 AM
Reply #33

Gatorgrizz27

• Information Offline
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2024, 06:19:01 AM »
Nice work! The transom/bracket/rear seating/livewell is what I’d eventually like to do with mine, even using that same tank. What are your plans for plumbing it?

Pretty amazing how as large as these boats are they came with so little functional storage. Lots of room for improvement in organization.

April 03, 2024, 09:06:49 AM
Reply #34

pwh70

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2024, 09:06:49 AM »
What are your plans for plumbing it?
Pretty amazing how as large as these boats are they came with so little functional storage. Lots of room for improvement in organization.

You're right about that... I've added quite a bit of storage, almost all from ideas I've seen looking through this site.
All the way forward, I'm converting the bow bilge area to anchor storage and about 100' of anchor line. I added a bulkhead under the casting deck to define this area, which also reinforces the deck. It's the place where most people step pretty heavily into the boat when they're coming on from a dock, so the reinforcement will be good. For me, that frees up the entire wide hatch up forward (original fish locker) because that's where I kept the anchor and line previously.
I also added two long compartments on either side of the center console, outboard of each stringer. And a big storage compartment directly under the leaning post, behind the fuel tank and forward of the rear bilge. This one will be a little less convenient to get into, so will be a good spot for utility things, freeing up the other hatches for more frequently used stuff. And then finally the two smaller spots under the seating at the transom.

Regarding livewell plumbing - I don't fish with live bait a lot, so I'm not getting too fancy. There's a Johnson pump mounted directly onto the bilge seacock, which will feed the wash down pump and also supply a discharge directly into the livewell. My previous well had a second pump to assist the discharge out and over the transom. I was constantly trying to balance them. I'm hoping to properly size a gravity discharge opening at the top of the livewell, which will exit out through the transom. I'd like to avoid trying to balance two pumps if I can. No aeration or anything like that, my previous setup did ok without it. Just a circular water flow, in at the bottom and out through the top. The water stays pretty cold up here in NH, and the mackerel hold up for quite a while.
To drain the well empty, will just be a plug out the bottom that will drain the water onto the deck and out through the scuppers.

I'll include some pics when I get to mounting all of that.

Thanks for looking, Paul

April 04, 2024, 12:10:51 AM
Reply #35

pwh70

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2024, 12:10:51 AM »
I feel like I should have more than this to show from today.
Major snowstorm here tonight/tomorrow... staying home and refusing to shovel a single inch of it.

A little more about this developing cabinet.. the livewell is sitting on a floor that is 4" above the deck. The bulkhead at the face of the livewell will have arched cutouts at deck level to allow any deck water to flow through and out the scuppers in the transom. There will be enough room to reach through and clean anything out if necessary.
The 4" floor will be the base of the storage cabinets under each seat (either side of the livewell). Each seatback cushion will have an access plate behind it, that when removed will provide access to the fuel/water separator, rigging, wash down pump, livewell plumbing etc... that will be mounted in or routed through the area between the cabinet and the face of the transom.

thanks for looking - Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal