Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > CCP Models

246 CCP question

(1/2) > >>

Kamikaze:
Hopefully someone here can help.  

After running my 82 246 CCP several times I am entertaining an idea.  I find that with more than one person in the stern ( landing a fish etc..) the scuppers flood and the deck becomes very wet across the stern.  I know it doesn't help that I have a Johnson V8 hanging from the stern, but the weight of that motor should be less than any two twins I can image.  

My questions is has anyone investigated moving the fuel tank forward to better balance the weight across the hull ( boat is very stern heavy right now).  Or does anyone have any pictures of 246 rebuild where the deck is exposed so I can see what would have to be modified?

Thanks

Kamikaze

GoneFission:
This is pretty common with CCPs - put 2 people on a corner and you will get some water back through the scuppers.  Not a big deal, but it does make for a wet deck - but so does the washdown hose!  The V-8 is heavy, but the 246CCP is rated for 280HP, including twin 140s, so you should be well within the allowable transom weight.  

Moving the gas tank forward could be done, but it ain't easy.  It would probably be easier to add another tank under the coffin (that was a factory option), and use it as the main tank, with the rear one only partly filled as reserve or backup.  That would get the gas weight well forward.  

Do you still have the batteries in the back?  Moving the batteries up under the console might help quite a bit - also, do you use the rear livewell?  The batteries and livewell are both at the back - wrong place for that weight.  

Hope this helps - see ya on the water!

jdupree:
I have the same happen on my 200 CCP.  I keep mine plugged from the inside while I am underway.  If I need to use the washdown just pull the plugs and put them back in.  If it is really rough and I am getting water splashing in the boat I keep them out.  If it gets like that I head in :!:

DOCREED:
You could install a rubber flapper on the the outside of the hull.  this wont keep it all out but most of it.

GoneFission:
I tried the rubber flapper idea on my CCP, but the outlet on CCPs is to the side, and the flapper was bent by the flow of water past the hull - didn't work.  

I guess you could reroute the drains through the transom - but that would be a different kind of mess...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version