Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: I put the new windshield on, it looks great!  (Read 749 times)

March 12, 2007, 10:03:49 AM
Read 749 times

Ben87

• Information Offline
I put the new windshield on, it looks great!
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:03:49 AM »
I took off the old, crazed, cracked windshield this past December and sent it down to UPD plastics as others on this site had turned me onto the site and what they do, they sent me a new shield for about $157.  I held the shield to the holes on my console and with the spacers, drilled out the holes one by one and put all the spacers and inserts in and screwed it all down and now the helm looks almost like it did in 1987 and even better with a new switchpanel and a stereo remote, 12V plug and good old Ritchie compass thanks to my generous but departed neighbor Mr. Newman who lived nextdoor and gave it to us, but the shield looks mint along with the new seatback-pad you can make out in one of the pictures.  

March 12, 2007, 10:10:51 AM
Reply #1

John Jones

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »
Looks good.  That is on my to-do list (if I ever finish the bottom  :roll: )
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

March 12, 2007, 10:16:28 AM
Reply #2

Ben87

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:16:28 AM »
Thanks John Jones.  I had gone the last 2 trips out with no shield and as it is only in the 40's up here, it was quite cool.  The new shield makes such a big difference in the look of the whole boat, almost like when people put new wheels on their cars/trucks, changes everything.  It is so clean and clear, next chance I get I'm going to wash it up and then give it a waxing and just enjoy it as there isn't much else I need to do to the boat besides touch up the bits of teak on the boat and maybe give it a waxing next nice day.  I do have to bottom paint it but not until sometime in April or May when the weather really warms up up here.

March 12, 2007, 06:58:08 PM
Reply #3

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:58:08 PM »
Looks good Ben - like a breath of fresh air, huh.

Quote from: "John Jones"
Looks good.  That is on my to-do list (if I ever finish the bottom  :roll: )

That's funny - you must have quite the list. You related to Earl (My name is Earl on TV)?  :lol:
One day when I'm bored, I'll do a search on here and freshen up your list for you -  :wink:  :lol:
If you want to get the bottom off the list, take it to the guy that did mine - I think it was like $300 to sand blast it and $30/ft to put the new paint on it.  He put 3 coats of paint below the waterline and 5 on the waterline.  He did a great job on the paint - no complaints here.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal