You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Capt. Bills Bluefish Cakes  (Read 865 times)

August 18, 2011, 08:02:43 AM
Read 865 times

Capt. Bill

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Capt. Bills Bluefish Cakes
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:43 AM »
This is the only way I'll eat Bluefish, and it works best with a big oil can.  If you use smaller blues cut down on the mashed potatoes

3 to 5 pounds of Bluefish fillets
1 Large Onion
1 Cup Fresh Parsley
Mashed Potatoes
Eggs
Bread Crumbs
Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
Salt & Pepper

Prepare fish by removing dark meat and than weigh. Get an equal weight of potatoes peel, and boil until tender. When potatoes are soft, drain and place back into hot pot. After excess moisture is evaporated add cup milk & 2 tablespoons of butter and mash or whip until smooth. When potatoes are done place them into a large mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool.

While potatoes cool, chop onion and parsley into very fine pieces. Bring to a boil fish fillets, onion, & parsley. Add a generous amount of Old Bay Seasoning and salt & pepper to taste. Boil 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally to break up fish. When fish is done drain into colander. Using a paper towel press firmly on top of fish to help drain. Stir fish in colander and repeat to remove all moisture.

Remove potatoes from refrigerator, add fish and 2 eggs. Mix thoroughly and make into paddies approximately 6 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Coat in bread crumbs and deep fry or bake until both sides are golden brown.

Extra cakes can be frozen and reheated later. Reheat in oven at 400 degrees or microwave.
Capt. Bill
Amy Marie
215 Explorer
Member # 2155

August 18, 2011, 11:04:54 AM
Reply #1

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Capt. Bills Bluefish Cakes
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:54 AM »
Sounds tasty!

When you say "big oil can" I'm guessing that means those big chopper blues?

August 18, 2011, 07:33:06 PM
Reply #2

Capt. Bill

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Re: Capt. Bills Bluefish Cakes
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
That's what I mean
Capt. Bill
Amy Marie
215 Explorer
Member # 2155