Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Family Fisherman/Dual Console/Sport Rider Rebuilds

New (to me) 1981 FFV 222

(1/1)

JaeVeeSport:
Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a 1981 Family Fisherman deep Vee. The floor is soft, so I may have to tackle that this winter.

My wife is also skeptical of taking the kids out on this based on the seating arrangement. There is a captains seat, and co-captains seat and that's it. Great big open deck for fishing.

She said my first priority should be obtaining some formal type of seating area for two more passengers. The cabin will not work.

Has anyone added seating to the bow area, or anywhere on the deck of a 222 FFV? The bow and splash well area is a little bit of a waste of space, poor utilization in my opinion.

RickK:
Sounds like you should have found a center console model. The FF was the start of the cabin boats for Aquasport. The splash well was made to keep water out of the aft. A few models had the splash well.
Here is a picture of the seating in a FF

As you said, 2 pedestal chairs was standard but looks like they had options for seating behind those pedestal seats.

Fishhead:
Ice chest with with snap on seat cushion?  We troll  mostly over here hours on end I made a set of of bases that I mounted high back BMW seats on. They recline and very comfortable. Not attached to deck to remove from boat. Just some ideas

WakoNako:
Get you a couple bean bags. They can be thrown in the cabin when not needed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version