Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Web Site Issues, Good and Bad

Setting up YOUR version of ClassicAquasport.com

<< < (2/3) > >>

Capt. Bob:

--- Quote from: gran398 on January 05, 2015, 11:25:01 AM ---On "Recent Posts" ....guess they are timed out after a while. Wanted to review recent posts from previous days, but don't see additional pages or their availability. Are there options I'm not seeing?
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about this one Scott but each time someone replies to the same thread, the "new message" button/icon moves to the latest post. This was the way it was (at least for me) on the old site also. I don't see a change but Rick might know.

--- Quote from: gran398 on January 05, 2015, 11:25:01 AM ---On "Private Messages" ....I see all of the messages were transferred over, but the "mark as important" messages do not appear. This is important to me, as this is the only record I have of many members phone #'s, addresses, etc.

--- End quote ---

You can add "mark as important" to the list (add a label) under the "Labels" box when you open you messages. The default label is "remove selected" (only label available) so you just need to add the "important" one to the list. This is similar to the old site but that list was already created and limited to what was shown (but as you created folders, the list added the folders). I'm not sure how many you can add but they now can be labeled any way you choose (just like adding a folder was on the old site).

Good luck.

dburr:
Scotty you can set how many recent posts you see in the profile tab, go to looks and layout (left hand side of the screen) and set the number there..  :icon_thumright:

Which theme (bottom left home page) are you setting up?

Edit:
Sorry, that is posts per page... Are you talking about the recent posts screen on the Home page?

Capt. Bob:
Hold on with the "labels" deal. Only got it to work once. Will report back.

OK Scott,
Click on "My Messages"
Click "Preferences"
From drop down box click "Manage Labels"
Type your label name in "Add new label" and then click on "add new label" lower right.
The new label will appear under "Label name"
If it appears as you want, then check the box to the right and click "save".

Now when you receive a message, you can choose the label you want (in you example "important) and click the box. Now when you open your "My Message" box and mouse over the "Label", a drop down showing your various labels appears and you click on the one (again in your example "important") and all messages you have labeled as such will appear. It's the same as adding folders on the old site. Takes some getting use to for sure.

gran398:
Dave, went with the default, also went with 50 posts per page.

But CB, after changing from the default posts per page to 50 per page...still only seeing eight or so "recent" topics....reckon that's all that  have been posted since the 1st, and the previous ones are in their respective threads?

tx guys

Capt. Bob:
I'm not sure what "skin" you're using but I've been running Overview Light.

At the bottom of the "Forum" page is the "Info Center". A lot of stats there including (more stats). Clicking on that reveals that since 1 January, we have seen 13 new topics and 135 posts so there has been some movement over the last 5 days. Depending when you came back on, there's a lot to read (relatively speaking).

You can also click on "most recent posts" and that will show just the posts themselves in chronological order. It seems to show the last 100 only. I'm not sure if that is a default number and can be changed by the Admin. or is dictated through the software. Still, that isn't my cup of tea as it bounces all over the Forum. I prefer to take it a thread at a time.

Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version