You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 1999 245 Explorer sink and tank questions  (Read 1030 times)

November 25, 2011, 01:31:55 PM
Read 1030 times

famas44

• Information Offline
1999 245 Explorer sink and tank questions
« on: November 25, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »
Greetings everyone,

My father and I are now the proud owners of a 1999 Aquasport 245 Explorer.   We have only had it a few weeks and have been trying to get it cleaned up ready for the winter months.  I did have a few questions.  I am new to this type of boat (not new to boats, just this kind).  

1.    We are trying to get the pump to work for the little sink inside the cabin.  What pump is responsible for this?  Which drain does the sink drain out?  
2.   How do you get water pressure to the hose hook up in the stern?  There is a faucet with a hose hook-up; next to the hook-up, there is a valve…   What do we do?  
3.   What plug releases the fresh water tank?  Does a pump clear it out?  

Currently, the boat is the trailer in the driveway.  We just had the Mercury 250 EFI Blue Water Series serviced.  The mechanic gave us a good bill of health on the motor.  (Sigh of relief)

My father and I are not new to boating, just to the Aquasport brand.  We have owned whaler/bay type boats in the past.  We have always wanted this type of rig for our type of fishing and finally found our dream Aquasport. Finally, we are in the exclusive Aquasport club!

November 25, 2011, 01:47:56 PM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: New Aquassport 1999 245 Explorer owner with questions...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »
Quote from: "famas44"
Greetings everyone,

My father and I are now the proud owners of a 1999 Aquasport 245 Explorer.   We have only had it a few weeks and have been trying to get it cleaned up ready for the winter months.  I did have a few questions.  I am new to this type of boat (not new to boats, just this kind).  

1.    We are trying to get the pump to work for the little sink inside the cabin.  What pump is responsible for this?  Which drain does the sink drain out?  
2.   How do you get water pressure to the hose hook up in the stern?  There is a faucet with a hose hook-up; next to the hook-up, there is a valve…   What do we do?  
3.   What plug releases the fresh water tank?  Does a pump clear it out?  

Currently, the boat is the trailer in the driveway.  We just had the Mercury 250 EFI Blue Water Series serviced.  The mechanic gave us a good bill of health on the motor.  (Sigh of relief)

My father and I are not new to boating, just to the Aquasport brand.  We have owned whaler/bay type boats in the past.  We have always wanted this type of rig for our type of fishing and finally found our dream Aquasport. Finally, we are in the exclusive Aquasport club!

Famas,
Congrats to you and your Dad!  She's a great boat, the 225 Explorer owners here will be envious (2' more room!)!  

This is what you are looking at.  The fresh water sink in the cabin is fed by the fresh water pump located on the port stringer aft behind the little access door to port of the baitwell.  The sink in the cabin drains overboard, you should see a thruhull in that area on the hullside.

The hose bib in the tackle center is your raw water washdown fitting, it is fed by the pump mounted to the transom wall directly behind that same little door.  That pump is fed by the pickup in the hull bottom with the shut-off lever.

If you want to drain the fresh water tank (mounted behind the close-out b/head aft of your cabin sink), simply pull off the line running from the pump that feeds the tank, it will be on the right side of the pump with the motor oriented up, or in your case, aft.  At least I think that's how we oriented them back then...

Hope this helps!

Corner of 520 and A1A...

November 25, 2011, 03:12:27 PM
Reply #2

famas44

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »
Thanks for your help.  I have been able to get the sink to drain.  The side drain was clogged.  

As for the sink water pressure, I am still stuck.  Both motors come on, but I am still not getting any pressure.  The wash-down motor, and the other is set-up through the Acc. button.  I will keep messing around with the connections and hoses and see what happens.  

Thanks again.

November 25, 2011, 03:31:23 PM
Reply #3

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 03:31:23 PM »
As long as the pumps are running, you should be getting water flow, even if you have leaks.  Hard to tell with the raw water pump as the pickup should be in the water, but the fresh water should pump, assuming there is water in the tank.

Both pumps have in-line strainers on the inlet side, you want to check them for debris...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

November 25, 2011, 04:09:32 PM
Reply #4

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
The pumps will pump air before they pump water, so look for a crack in a hose or fitting or loose connection as well.
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"
ClassicAquasport Member #209

November 25, 2011, 06:24:13 PM
Reply #5

pete

• Information Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 06:24:13 PM »
stupid question....is there water in the fresh water tank?
2003  Osprey 225
Palm Bay FL

November 25, 2011, 06:34:48 PM
Reply #6

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »
Quote from: "pete"
stupid question....is there water in the fresh water tank?

I thought that myself, Pete... :shock:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

November 25, 2011, 06:56:26 PM
Reply #7

famas44

• Information Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »
Good news.  I was able to get the fresh water pump working.  It was not attached to the return line.  The return line includes the sink and the stern water deck hose.  I will just need to find a connection at the hardware store and will be good to go.  
I did clean the pump "filters."  They were not in bad shape, just small debris in the wire filter.  I am just happy both pumps/motors work!  
Yes, the fresh water tank had water in it.  The pump was not coming on when I started messing with it today.  I think they connections were not tight.  The previous owner did not use this pump much at all it appears.  They must have relied on the deck wash down hose with raw water.  
Thanks for your help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal