Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: t-tops  (Read 1107 times)

February 13, 2008, 10:02:17 PM
Read 1107 times

Broadbill

• Information Offline
t-tops
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:02:17 PM »
Has anyone had experience with the stainless T tops in a box built in NC. by C.E.Smith? Worth considering?  Thanks for any insight. Paul
Things Done Right

February 14, 2008, 09:53:15 AM
Reply #1

Bushleaguer

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »
I've done a ton of research on T-tops (I'm looking for one also).  Most of the message board feedback I've heard on the CE Smith SS tops is that they are noisy, have too many parts that come loose, and can be difficult to install.  Stainless is said to be a poor material choice for a T-top.  There is too much spring in stainless- alluminum is the preferred material for T-tops.

If I could afford it, I would go with a custom T-top (I may just put the project off and save up).  There are other alluminum T-Tops out there that you can order and self install.  Taco makes one, as does Atlantic Towers.  I also found an interesting setup called a T-seat, made by GG Schmidtt.  It incorporates the T-top into the seat, rather than the console.  All of these have websites and are comparable in price to the CE smith one.

Also, in the classified section here, Capt. Rick has a nice looking used T-top for sale, which I would have snagged if it were the right size for my rig.  Check it out, you might get lucky.

Hope this helps.
1987 Osprey 222 w/ Twin 2013 Yamaha F70 LA\'s

February 14, 2008, 10:17:32 AM
Reply #2

John Jones

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »
The one's put together with set screws, etc. do not hold up IMHO.

A friend of mine purchased a hard top in a box from Atlantic Towers and I'll have to say I was impressed.
Politics have no relation to morals.
Niccolo Machiavelli

February 14, 2008, 11:29:48 AM
Reply #3

Bushleaguer

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »
I'm seriously considering the one by Atlantic towers as well.  It seems simple, sturdy and a pretty good deal for the money.
1987 Osprey 222 w/ Twin 2013 Yamaha F70 LA\'s

February 16, 2008, 12:41:54 PM
Reply #4

cervo

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:41:54 PM »
I got my T-top and leaning post built by Classic Image Marine a couple of years ago.  They are by far, the best deal that I could find and the quality is great.  I e-mailed them a couple of pictures and measurements of my console and a couple of weeks later, the top and leaning post were freight delivered to my home in NY.  It's all heavy stock, welded aluminum and it fit perfectly.  I did a lot of shopping around before buying my t-top. I saved about 50 percent including shipping by buying from these guys.   Do yourself a favor and check them out.
www.classicimagemarine.com
\'73 22-2   W/MERC 200EFI

February 16, 2008, 12:54:32 PM
Reply #5

Marcq

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:54:32 PM »
Quote from: "cervo"
I got my T-top and leaning post built by Classic Image Marine a couple of years ago.  They are by far, the best deal that I could find and the quality is great.  I e-mailed them a couple of pictures and measurements of my console and a couple of weeks later, the top and leaning post were freight delivered to my home in NY.  It's all heavy stock, welded aluminum and it fit perfectly.  I did a lot of shopping around before buying my t-top. I saved about 50 percent including shipping by buying from these guys.   Do yourself a favor and check them out.
www.classicimagemarine.com

Yup, sure looks like a good deal

Thanks for the link

Marc..
1979 170 Aquasport 70hp Evinrude

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal