You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 1987 222 pictures, scrutinize away!!!  (Read 913 times)

April 05, 2006, 10:09:37 AM
Read 913 times

Ben87

• Information Offline
1987 222 pictures, scrutinize away!!!
« on: April 05, 2006, 10:09:37 AM »
Finally, I have taken and uploaded and downloaded the pictures of our project to share with you and to solicit your comments and suggestions.  

The first picture on here is of the cooler/seat frame without the cooler inside of it.  The old cooler was in the garage and I didn't get a picture of it, it was a GOTT cooler.  I went to West Marine last night and was originally thinking of getting the 94 quart Igloo cooler as the listed dimentions were almost 35" long and the space I needed to fill was around 37-38", however that dimension included the handles and the real length of that cooler was 32", way too short for the space, so I bought the 128gal which was 38" long, I got it to the boat and it was too big, then I looked down and noticed that the frame ends were separate, that is, they could be moved in or out a few inches either way, so I unscrewed the long, thick self-tapping screws and moved each end apart just enough so that the nice, new Igloo Marine cooler fit, it fit PERFECTLY!!!!!  So I'm happy, no more worrying about the cooler seat and buying a whole new unit, of which I could not remove the cooler/seat to help me access the inside of the console, now I just need to put two small holes in the deck, silicone/goop up the old holes, re-screw the two ends down and I'm back in business.  BoatersWorld has the cooler for $165 and the cushion for another $38 so I'm good to go.  

April 05, 2006, 11:01:48 AM
Reply #1

JimCt

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 11:01:48 AM »
Great solution!
Sometimes things actually work out.  It's a rare event, so enjoy it...
JimCT
------
\'74 22-2 inboard
HIN:ASPL0953M74J
Chrysler 318
------
\'74 Marshall 22

April 05, 2006, 11:09:39 AM
Reply #2

Ben87

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 11:09:39 AM »
I was in a rut for so long, searching high and low for a cooler that would fit that space, I never even looked at the frame to see if the dimensions could be changed but I finally put my brain to use and saw that there are only a total of 4 big self-tapping screws and I can adjust at will, or at least a reasonable amount.  The S/S unit is nice, I have tapped additional holes in the S/S frame so it acts as a leaning post when moved forward. A little soft scrub and I'll have it shining again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal