You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Opinions on these boats  (Read 256 times)

August 15, 2021, 08:10:56 PM
Read 256 times

AppalachianOffshore84

• Information Offline
Opinions on these boats
« on: August 15, 2021, 08:10:56 PM »
I am looking at 2 Aquasports, completely different boats. Should probably start different threads but here we go with my highly subjective questions. Both boats are out of state so I wanted to get feedback from y’all before a road trip of disappointment. 

One is a 96’ Osprey 200. My main concern is the dude bought it last year and has hung a brand new Mercury 150 4 stroke on it. My heart says “awesome” but my mind says “transom trouble”. Any thoughts on that motor/transom combo? Best way to reinforce the transom for that weight/power?

The other is a 2004 250 Explorer with twin Yamaha 115’s. Will I hate the 115’s? Will the drag from my American and Trump flags put too much strain on the motors? They haven’t been started in 2 years and have 270 hours.

Osprey dude wants 17K for boat with new ttop, new wiring, and trailer.  Explorer guy wants 28K for boat and ridiculously oversized triaxle trailer that’s supposedly original.

I’m in TN, nary an ocean in sight so I’ll be on the lake here 80% of the time…but I do go to the Florida and Carolina coasts several times a year and have the truck to tow about anything I want. Don’t care about freshwater fishing but love saltwater fishing hence why I’m looking at 2 totally different boats.

I’ll post pics soon.

Looking to buy my first AS. Had many boats over the years, first job out of college was with Sea Ray. Love God, family, my dog Wally, and diesel trucks.

August 18, 2021, 07:53:58 AM
Reply #1

Steph1en

• Information Offline
Re: Opinions on these boats
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 07:53:58 AM »
Interested to hear about the transom and the new motor.

I just bought that boat. 1999 osprey with a new Yamaha.  Paid 18k. I played with the transom a lot and the marina that installed the motor typically doesn't mess with transoms that might have problems. So far so good.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal