Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Where to run wires to bow  (Read 1091 times)

February 03, 2015, 04:20:13 PM
Reply #15

uglystick

• Information Offline
Re: Where to run wires to bow
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »
OK got the cover off the channel, pressure washed the channel & wires. Found at least 2 wires not hooked up to anything and wires bunched up & tied with zips.  Found 2 holes in the channel 1 about 1/2" the other 5/8 on the   forward  side of the channel just about 8" where it comes out from under the console. Tried to run the fish wire through, no go. Goes in about 8" the other 18" then stop. Even tried to run it through the bottom rod tube and stops before reaching the fill pie plate. I think it is foam. Will go through the next one up. I may just run the damn wire through there. Also found 2 cut wires one black one grey by feeling in the pie plate hole. Can't get any reading with meter so have no idea where they go except toward stern. Did find that where the TM wire and running light wire is silicone  in where they went through the deck. Can't actually see it but big glob feeling kinda like 5200. Guess they didn't want the deck to rot there. I will figure it out but loosing patience. Maybe take a long walk & have a couple of beers to ease my frustration.

February 03, 2015, 06:06:21 PM
Reply #16

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
You say there is a tank of sorts at the transom end of the trough cover?  If so, it might be easier to loosen/remove that and set aside still connected and then the trough cover is easy to remove. Lift from the aft and it will slip out of where it is tucked under the console.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

February 05, 2015, 04:51:57 PM
Reply #17

uglystick

• Information Offline
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »
I got the trough cover removed by lots of easy prying and wiggling. I pulled the wires from the channel  cleaned them up and am trying to label them Tons of excess wire.
Anyone know what the flat wires go to? Have 3 flats with 4 wires inside. One goes to a dead 4 wire female plug. Think it may have been to the old motor. New motor has square connectors. Cables etc seem old but useable, but gas line very stiff &  hard. Probably replace it next season. Just trying to get in shape for this season. The new ipilot should arrive next week. Still working on the wire forward for the fish finder. When I get a little better along I will try to get my wife to post some pics. They may help someone else. I doubt I am smart enough to post them.

February 09, 2015, 09:35:27 PM
Reply #18

duff170

• Information Offline
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 09:35:27 PM »
I had an 87 200. The wires going to the Nav lights in the front were foamed in to the floor making it unable to chase another wire up front with it. To run wires to the front I had to cut a hole in the wall next to where the trough lets the wires out of floor. From there i ran them up to the front on top the rod locker on the starboard side

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal