Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: yamaha fuel management wiring  (Read 864 times)

August 30, 2010, 10:17:35 AM
Read 864 times

flounderpounder225

• Information Offline
yamaha fuel management wiring
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »
wiring my new fuel management gauge, just a couple wires I'm not sure about.  Other than the plug, here is what I have, and what I believe to be correct, maybe you can help fill in the blanks?

Yellow: Ignition Hot when key is on
Black: Ground
Red: ?? Why have a red 12 VDC when you have the yellow hot with key on?  Can I hook the red to the yellow?
Green: I think I hook this up to the green comiing from the digital tach??
Green with white trace: ?? Don't have a clue

Also, while I am at it, does anyone know if or how to hook the fuel management guage into my NEMA wiring coming from my GPS to get MPG rather than just GPH?? The Gauge has a small red/white/black connector coming from it, but that I believe is to hook into a yamaha digital Speedo which I do not have.

Thanks
Marc (Pensacola)
Marc
1997 245 Osprey, 250 HPDI.  SOLD

August 30, 2010, 12:08:31 PM
Reply #1

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: yamaha fuel management wiring
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:08:31 PM »
Quote from: "flounderpounder225"
wiring my new fuel management gauge, just a couple wires I'm not sure about.  Other than the plug, here is what I have, and what I believe to be correct, maybe you can help fill in the blanks?

Yellow: Ignition Hot when key is on
Black: Ground
Red: ?? Why have a red 12 VDC when you have the yellow hot with key on?  Can I hook the red to the yellow?
Green: I think I hook this up to the green comiing from the digital tach??
Green with white trace: ?? Don't have a clue

Also, while I am at it, does anyone know if or how to hook the fuel management guage into my NEMA wiring coming from my GPS to get MPG rather than just GPH?? The Gauge has a small red/white/black connector coming from it, but that I believe is to hook into a yamaha digital Speedo which I do not have.

Thanks
Marc (Pensacola)

Marc,
According to my freind over on continouswave, Jim Hebert, GREEN is tach signal, and GREEN/WHITE is crank position sender.  RED is listed as "Battery Positive", most likely comes off the battery cable stud on the motor and provides the engine harness it's power.  If you have a red lead coming off the fuel management gauge, there should be room in one of the red "multi-butts" in the engine harness under the helm to plug into...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

August 30, 2010, 02:03:35 PM
Reply #2

flounderpounder225

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »
Bob
I found the complete installation and user's guide on yamahaparts.com forum, it is a MS word document (.doc) how can we post to this thread for future users, it is very complete.

Marc
Marc

August 30, 2010, 02:49:12 PM
Reply #3

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 02:49:12 PM »
Marc,
CA says it allows you to post with attachments, but it seems any PDF file, Word, or Excel document is too large.  I'd just post a link to the site page with the install guide...

I may be able to get it into the resources section via PDF, or maybe Rick can.  That's eventually where it needs to go...

Corner of 520 and A1A...

August 30, 2010, 03:21:06 PM
Reply #4

flounderpounder225

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
Go to the last post in this thread, it covers the rigging of gauges, and the Fuel management gauge specifically.

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/foru ... 11-p4.html
Marc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal