Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > 165/170/175 Rebuilds

‘77 Aquasport 170

(1/2) > >>

Mfolsom:
I am looking for advice on the way the motor is mounted on mine. 
Is this a problem? Should I lower it or add a shim or just leave it there?  This is the way I received it.

https://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?board=28.0

RickK:
Seems the anti-cavitation plate is even with the bottom of the hull so I think it is good.

Also, remember if using a phone to take pics, to hold the phone horizontal with the lens to the left. If you hold the phone vertical, the pictures post like the one above.

Mfolsom:
What do people do with the fuel tank coffin if not using it for a fuel tank?  With the console and a bench seat over it, that makes it somewhat inaccessible. Looking for ideas.

Ulysses485:
Unless you have issues with the way it runs, i would leave the motor where it is. Typically as Rickk mentioned, the cavitation plate is at the same level as the bottom of the hull at the transom. Regarding the fuel tank coffin, not sure why one would scrap it out of the boat. It serves the purpose well to keep the fuel tank off the bottom of the bilge area a few inches and out of the elements. The hatch setup is nice to get to the tank in the future if and when it fails.

Mfolsom:
There was no fuel tank when I got the boat.  The filler hose is all rotted away and the hole for the mounted cap is too large for the one that was rattling around in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version